Hammond In Car Crash - (Now Moved from Leeds 28/09)

where is that from?

thats very .... well .... good i would like to pass it on to some friends

Same, I'm checking these forums every chance I get to see any news. It's amazing how everyone has got together and really support Hampster.

That's great news!

Now, correct me if I'm wrong... but did Richard nearly lose an eye on Talk Like A Pirate Day? Indeed, the one day of the year that people are actually looking to wear an eyepatch? :lol:

ha - see our hamster still finding the ammusing things in life....

ok poor maybe but .... he always seemed to smile about the worst .... and i hope he is still smilling so ....

72OldsmobileCutlass said:
Same, I'm checking these forums every chance I get to see any news. It's amazing how everyone has got together and really support Hampster.

Same here. I think everybody is. Based on what I'm reading though, I'm all the more confident that Hammond will make a recovery from his injuries eventually. :)

Richard's accident was motivation enough for me to finally register in the forums. I really really hope he makes a full recovery. This has not been a good month for TV celebrities, first Steve Irwin and now Richard Hammond.

I think it's interesting the way people form attachments nowadays. Instead of building your community in a traditional way with the people around u, we're now building our communities in long-distance ways through the internet and tv. People all around the world were united in their grief over Steve Irwin and in their worry over Richard Hammond. The Top Gear presenters have such great personalities and are such an enjoyed part of people's social lives that groups of disparate peoples all around the world have united in concern over The Hamster. You enjoy your time watching the Top Gear presenters so much that you build an attachment to them. I miss them when they're off tv, not so much for the show itself but just seeing those guys and what they will do. It's different to a show like Lost, which I love to watch, but I'm not that interested about what Jack or Hurley are doing during the summer. With Clarkson, May, and Richard, I have that attachment for them as people, albeit only people that I've met through a tv/computer screen. That's why it's sad to think of Richard looking beat up in a hospital bed and having to recover from such a tremendous accident. He looks like he has a really sweet family and I hope his daughters can have their dad back soon. It would also be nice to see him back on tv soon too. Good luck getting better Hamster. Clarkson's just jealous because he's the real crap driver.

Durerca: You totally said what I've been thinking for days now. Except for the bit about Clarkson being a crap driver. ;)

May's comments just put a massive grin on my face. I don't know about you lot, but I feel a hell of a lot more confident now that our DLH (dear little hamster) is going to make it all the way. :D

LadyBella said:
Durerca: You totally said what I've been thinking for days now. Except for the bit about Clarkson being a crap driver. ;)

May's comments just put a massive grin on my face. I don't know about you lot, but I feel a hell of a lot more confident now that our DLH (dear little hamster) is going to make it all the way. :D

James' comments did indeed seem pretty positive. It's probably tense for friends and family just like the fans (but obviously more, they're family =/) because they are likely in a situation where there are no guarantees, and while things seem to be getting better, there is no telling how well it could get, or whether it could suddenly get very bad.

All anyone can do now is hope that he'll be ok, and the doctors will be able to do what they do best - save lives, and return the patient back to normal.

Great news! :thumbsup:

I knew that little scrap was too tough to be killed by a little thing like a 300 mph tumble.

My first post. Been downloading TG for months and used to watch it when I was back in South-Africa.

Thx for all the updates on this tragic affair so far, I luv this site. I sincerely pray our white toothed Hamster makes it. I was pretty shocked when I came back from school today and saw the news. First Steve Irwin and now Hammond(who is not dead thankfully...let's stay optimistic here)...I wonder who's next...

ESPNSTI said:
Some words from May

James May said:
"He tried to sit up when I came in and he gave me a sort of grin, which I have to say was a very uplifting moment for me," he said. "I had a bit of an unmanly moment at that point.

"I was chuffed to see him and although he's muttering, he seems much like the irritating little shit I know and love. Even when he can't say much, he seemed to make as much sense as he does when he can talk normally."

I think this is good news... and I really hope James is right.

This quote from Jeremy came to my mind from the A8-800-miles-on-one-tank -challenge: "We've never lost a Top Gear presentor on a mission. And we're not going to do that now either. Not on my watch!"

And we're not goint to. Come on Richard!

I hate news folk - they cannot just give a straight up honest answer - it all has to be sensationalised! :x

I reckon by tonight we'll have a statement from the Hamster himself.

All anyone can do now is hope that he'll be ok, and the doctors will be able to do what they do best - save lives, and return the patient back to normal.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I just read the comment if free bit in the Gaurdian - That writer is a complete dick and needs to shut the hell up! I've never read such utter crap - EVER! :x