Firefox 2.0 Release Candidate 1 Is Out

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I have been using the Beta 2 for almost a month now and the Linux version is very good...

EDIT: Nevermind, found the options in about:config.

Got it yesterday. Seems solid :thumbup:

Really good, how do you get the theme viper has? I like it more than the default one

vRS said:
Really good, how do you get the theme viper has? I like it more than the default one
That is the default one. The color is a bit different though due to my XP theme.

Holy crap that spell check kicks ass!

Mozilla Team, I want to have your babies!

This is a stupid question, but....how do I get rid of the large empty space right under the status bar? It's just "gray emptiness" that takes up about 1/5 of my screen. Help!

You mean the links bar? Fill it up with your frequently visited sites.

Can you post a screen shot of what you are referring to? I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing.

Blind_Io said:
You mean the links bar? Fill it up with your frequently visited sites.

Can you post a screen shot of what you are referring to? I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing.

http://img247.imageshack.**/img247/4227/untitled1ub8.gif

BTW, spell-check is freaking awesome!

Wow, I've never seen that before. Is it still there if you run it in a window instead of full screen?

You could probably also shut off some of your start up programs, there's a lot of crap in your systray that could go away. msMessenger and Quiktime for starters. That will speed up your startup a mite.

Sorry I can't help with that bar thingy at the bottom. You could try the Mozilla forums or send them a ticket on it. Let us know what happens.

teletubby-warrior said:
This is a stupid question, but....how do I get rid of the large empty space right under the status bar? It's just "gray emptiness" that takes up about 1/5 of my screen. Help!

Let me guess, you have the NoScript extension installed, right? Uninstall that and you should be fine. You'll have to wait until the NoScript developer updates their extension to comply with the RC1.

Blind_Io said:
Wow, I've never seen that before. Is it still there if you run it in a window instead of full screen?
Yes.
Blind_Io said:
You could probably also shut off some of your start up programs, there's a lot of crap in your systray that could go away. msMessenger and Quiktime for starters. That will speed up your startup a mite.
The startup programs are just the tip of the iceberg! You don't want to know how unorganized my computer is. :lol: I'll get to it eventually...

cvg said:
Let me guess, you have the NoScript extension installed, right?
:no:

Format C:\

And keep your system clean of unneeded BS processes. That would help a lot.

If you don't have NoScript installed, then you'll have to uninstall every extension one-by-one until you find the one that's breaking Firefox.

cvg said:
If you don't have NoScript installed, then you'll have to uninstall EVERY extension ONE-BY-ONE until you find the one that's breaking Firefox.

Screw that; I just uninstalled it. :lol: That seems to have killed.....it.
http://img152.imageshack.**/img152/8362/untitled1ji0.gif

You don't have to uninstall, just disable.

rc2 is out ;)