Lens Flair

_MG_1179.jpg

Here's a shot I just took... I'm really happy with it, except for one detail that really bothers me. I won't mention it, but see if other people have the same reaction.

Granville_Bridge.jpg

I'm really happy with it, except for one detail that really bothers me. I won't mention it, but see if other people have the same reaction.

Dead street light on the bridge?

Other than that rahter nitpicky detail, the first thing that my eyes immediately locked onto was that colourful tent-thing. It's got so much more vibrance than the rest of the image taht I can't take my eyes off of it. If it were my picture, I probably would have desaturated the rest of the image by 50-70% and used it as the subject of the image. The lighting on it is really nice, almost like someone is shining a spotligh on it.

The tree on the right really bothers me. Everything else has clean lines in the photo and it almost looks outta place.

isaacaiken said:
Iben is the vignetting your doing or the lenses.

Not my doing- the 17-40 vignettes like crazy on full frame. Good think I kind of like the effect.

flamingice: not sure what's wrong with the photo? Maybe the lights shining on the trees at right- it's a little garish.

This weekend had a long night of museums:

101082418-L.jpg

the bright white lights shining on the underside of the bridge on the right side kind of bug me.
is that it?

Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it. I've taken everything into consideration, and come up with this image. Do you think it's an improvement?

Granville+Bridge+Desaturated.jpg

And just for the record, the thing I didn't like about the first picture was the way that each side of the bridge was lit with a different type of lighting, so one side seemed yellow while the other one was green. I think that's kind of what isaac was getting at.

And welcome to Whappeh!

First snow and my car still has the summer tires on :bangin:
SnowMedium.jpg

Thanks for the welcome. I'm a serious amateur, with a few years of photography school under my belt. Just keep shooting as much as I can for fun, and maybe one day take it a bit more seriously.

FogSunsets.jpg

Mischief007 said:

Canada rules :lol:

flamingice said:
Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it. I've taken everything into consideration, and come up with this image. Do you think it's an improvement?

Granville+Bridge+Desaturated.jpg

And just for the record, the thing I didn't like about the first picture was the way that each side of the bridge was lit with a different type of lighting, so one side seemed yellow while the other one was green. I think that's kind of what isaac was getting at.

And welcome to Whappeh!

All I can say is wow! Takes me right back there :) Very ver atmospheric and excellent edit :)

mancs said:
Mischief007 said:

Canada rules :lol:

And the temps are going up to 15 degrees for a week. Too bad there aren't any Buffalo photographers since they got hit with 30 cm of snow :thumbsdown: