Primed For Pole Position: Logitech G25 Racing Wheel

just saw 1 and only 1 at my local games store for 500AUD, I was so close to buying it, but that would mean I'll be home every weekend and having lunch at home for the next 2-3 weeks just trying to recoup the money I spent :lol:

andyhui01 said:
just saw 1 and only 1 at my local games store for 500AUD, I was so close to buying it, but that would mean I'll be home every weekend and having lunch at home for the next 2-3 weeks just trying to recoup the money I spent :lol:

Being home wont suck when you have the wheel and eating at home for 2 weeks? pfft i ate pasta for 3 years when i was in College.

andyhui01 said:

You can get it cheaper than that though.

andyhui01 said:
At JB-HIFI it is $440AUD and I saw 3 or 4 boxes.

^hmm... I'll have to check that out, but I will most likely only buy it in Feb/March next year(since I'm going back to Hong Kong/Malaysia/Singapore at the end of november till late feb, no point letting it eat dust for 3 months), hopefully by then the price would drop down to around 400 or maybe even less :D.

So no one owns a G25 yet? I saw one at J&R in Manhattan for $300. I came really close to buying it, but decided to have a walk around the store for a while to really think about it. Good thing the box was already gone when I came back for it. All my friends and loved ones would have to deal with really cheap presents for Christmas had I bought it. :D

^ Nope.

I tried it at the Digital Life Convention @ NYC. I didn't like it because it felt very filmsy... I tried it with GT4... so I didn't get to use the clutch :(

I've had G25 for a week soon ,and it's simply epic. it's so much fun to go up or down the gears, blipping the throttle and all. it works well on LFS, RBR needed bit work though to get the steering fast enough. my only worry at the moment is that the top get's almost burning hot.. :unsure:

I tried it at a local store and it wasn't as good as I expected it to be. The steering and paddles are very good, no doubt about that. It feels very solid and I love the 900degree turns. However, the shifter felt too plasticy and flimsy. It lacked a quality feel of the wheel. Somehow, I expected more from a $300 product.