Carrera GT Crash - Driver buys another the next day

andrebsd

carreragt3.jpg

Full Story + More Pics (Autoblog)

Interesting Quote:
"As we mentioned, he happened to be a very big businessman, and we now know that he's also a standup guy. He bought the car's owner another Carrera GT the next day. With lower mileage on the odometer to boot."

What a dumfuk.

Looks like these idiots still don't know they shouldn't push the car hard with cold tyres.

Having never driven one (sat in one as my Jag dealer had one on lot), i have heard from car sites and my dealer that the GT is a handful for even a drive with racing skills.
That being said, at lest this guy followed the rule i like to apply, never drive someone else's car unless you have the money to pay for it when totaled (dealer cars dont count).

Seems like a pretty narrow road to be going a speed that would cause the car to get wedged in like that. Might want to be a little more thoughtful.

I do respect the responsibility the driver has taken upon. That's a gentleman's act, on the surface at least.

Is it just me, or does that look a little salvagable? Looks like the engine is completely untouched and the back isnt too bad. Its only the first 2 feet of it that is mangled

I agree. Looks like it just needs a new front end.

Is it just me, or does that look a little salvagable? Looks like the engine is completely untouched and the back isnt too bad. Its only the first 2 feet of it that is mangled

You wish. The whole chassis is fuckt indeed.

And looks like it slightly had a touch with the wall beside it.

carreragt1.jpg

Last edited:

Well just because its a handful to drive does not mean the company that made it is at fault. It does not put the fault away from the driver, if you know your car is going to give you some problems treat it like that. I am just saying that even with some skills (and i know i dont) the accident might not have been saved due to the way the car handles. Its always the drivers fault in an accident (unless someone hit you). The article you mention is just stupid, if your going to a track and are willing to drive it on one that you know the issues with the car. But i will save my rant on that article for some other time.

are you serious? with that damage, the Chassis would have crumpled slightly already (Even at the back from the impact), it would never be the same as a new Carrera GT anymore, its just like trying to bend a paperclip to be completely straight.

EDIT: Also look at how the wheel's aren't straight anymore and how the rear left wheel isn't in place anymore? It showed that the Chassis really crumpled.

Last edited:
Well you can at least save the hella expensive engine, right?

yup... but to salvage it to be drivable would be tough, or even pass road worthy test... but I would take the engine and put it on display :D... or chuck in a Civic :p

As if any of you haters could do better with all your racing experience with your econoboxes. :lol:

besides, this type of thing is a fitting end to such a great sportscar, death in battle as it were, not a slow deterioration into retirement locked in some garage with nobody to enjoy.