Silverado SS 427

I, for one, think this truck is fucking sick. You guys must not have seen the tuner championship races a few years back where a Dodge Ram 1500 shortbed won on the drag strip, road course, and top speed test against everything from NSXs to Ferraris to Corvettes.

^I'd would love to see whatever that challenge was, that sounds brilliant.

As for the truck... shit, I'd drive that. Rather have the Ram SRT10, but cool nonetheless.

On a somewhat related note, 426>427. :p

Luxury features also were kept to a minimum, as the vehicle?s focus was kept squarely on performance.

Right, that's why you started with a body-on-frame truck...

Many of the design elements are subtle, such as the tight body cladding

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxxxxx.jpg

/\ Haha, yeah, that sure is a sleeper...

Needless to say, I can't help but love anything with a big engine with power to the rear wheels.

Looks like the designers have been playing too much NFS Unleashed, but I bet it'd be a hoot to drive.

I, for one, think this truck is fucking sick. You guys must not have seen the tuner championship races a few years back where a Dodge Ram 1500 shortbed won on the drag strip, road course, and top speed test against everything from NSXs to Ferraris to Corvettes.
But it's still a pickup.

Last edited:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craftsman_Truck_Series

That is the redneck thinking style. And thats the kind of people that will buy this truck. Rednecks.
I hate pickups with every bone in my body and everytime I see one on finnish roads it reminds me that the amount of... well... stupid people keep growing every year.

You know what I hate? Closed-minded assholes who think their definition of "good" should be everyone's definition of "good." Do you even know what a "redneck" is? Apparently not, considering you're trying to use it as a derogatory term.

If you don't like trucks, don't fucking drive one. If someone else likes trucks, don't begrudge them what they enjoy.

<sigh> Why?
Superpickups - RAM SRT, This thing, Ford Lightning - why?

The market of people who throw away all possible uses of a vehicle for this novelty compromise has got to be small.

If you need a pickup and hate the normal models why not get this or the Ram. I think they are cool, sure not as good as a sports car but so what. This argument will never end, its all about opinions.

<sigh> Why?
Superpickups - RAM SRT, This thing, Ford Lightning - why?

The market of people who throw away all possible uses of a vehicle for this novelty compromise has got to be small.
It's still got a bed and it can still tow 10,000lbs. It will probably only cost $40k.

It's still got a bed and it can still tow 10,000lbs. It will probably only cost $40k.

I wont buy it cause the ariel atom is faster around the top gear test track :D

nascarleafsprings

It looks alright. Minus the chrome around the intakes and the exhaust. That should be blacked out, or body colored.

Not a fan of trucks/SUVs, and I especially don't see the point of buying a performance truck. Trucks are meant to be utalitarian, not sports cars.

I just don't like the color. I never got the idea of a sporty pickup. Id much rather get the Corvette Z06. Looks much better and will probably go faster.

This thing isn't too bad. Hood scoop is alittle too big and over the top. I think it would be cooler if they offered a tuned version of the big block 8.1L V8 with 6speed manual from the HD Silverado in a small wheel base 1/2 ton Silverado.

I think I'd rather have a Colorado SS LS2.

http://img90.imageshack.**/img90/8580/chevroletcoloradossnl8.jpg

Didnt the utter failure of the F-150 Lightning edition clue GM into the fact that people who want sporty cars...buy sporty cars.

Gotta love GM, every time you think they're on a streak of good moves (bringing over the Opels, re-releasing the Camaro, releasing the Solstice/Sky), they go ahead and remind you of why they've been in the hole for 15 years.

r u fucking kidding me? the failure of the Lightning? the Lightning was the best selling street truck ever up until the SRT10 Ram came into the picture.

and whoever asked why not just buy a Z06.....

for the reason of the audience of performance cars and the audience for big pickups being 2 very different ppl. someone wants the utility, toughness, and roominess of a truck, but they also want a sports car type ride with a sports car engine.

roominess of a truck, but they also want a sports car type ride with a sports car engine.

Might I suggest an estate, then? BMW, Audi, Merc, all the big German car makes offer genuinely quick estates. Buy a used one, if you can't afford new. You're just not going to get a sporting feel from a truck. Fact.