Lens Flair

well, you need panorama that covers 360? horizontally and 180? vertically (so basicly EVERYTHING around you has to be in the panorama)...then its just matter of changing the projection (which can be done in many progs, including photoshop)

Here is one from me, decent shot:

DSC06637.jpg

finally got around to getting these sunrise photos online from the weekend. Let me know what you think..

DSC_5951.jpg

taken with the Sigma 18-50 2.8
50mm, f8, 1/100th, iso 200

A little bit tilted (horizon), but other than that nice. I want to name the picture "Sleeping City"

that's my biggest complaint with the photo.. that it looks crooked. It's not as far as I can tell. There's just a hill in front of the Cascade mountains that you can see there..

http://img142.imageshack.**/img142/6526/set01enhancer5fromdscn4jf8.jpg

From today's photoshoot, I made most of the pics in HDR, this one I like most. I have all the RAW files, so still a lot can be done to them.

Set01Enhancer1from_DSC_0012-1.jpg

that's my biggest complaint with the photo.. that it looks crooked. It's not as far as I can tell. There's just a hill in front of the Cascade mountains that you can see there..

Yeah I took a closer look and its not tilted, its the elements within the photo that make things look tilted.

Nice photos!

And yeah, that one from Joel, it's just the fog bank/hill that slopes down that makes it look crooked. Although it's a nice photo, that little feature makes it a lot less appealing to me... oh well.

391795867_750f76f811_o.jpg

agreed...

here's another:

the Sigma 18-50..
40mm, f/8, 1/320th, iso 200

What do you think of the Sigma? I'm looking at a replacement all-around lens, and that was one of the candidates.

47, Cool shot, but I think it could have looked better with a smaller aperture. Also, the white balance is waaay off.

384314002_f5ecf42c0e_o.jpg

Grrr

http://img74.imageshack.**/img74/8821/p2140092ctq5.jpg

http://img517.imageshack.**/img517/2139/set01enhancer1fromdsc00fq3.jpg

What do you think of the Sigma? I'm looking at a replacement all-around lens, and that was one of the candidates.

I really like it.. it's a nice piece of glass. However lens barrel moves (when focusing) more slowly than any other lens I've had. From what I've heard the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD has optics that are as good as or better than the Sigma's and the focus speed is a bit faster.. for about the same price. Plus you get around one more mm on the wide end.

Also, the Sigma lens's coating actually makes it kind of hard to remove some filters (like CP's without anything to grip to), Sigma's lens caps suck (I replaced mine with a Nikon pinch front lens cap), and I'm not a fan of the lens hood (my 18-70's lens hood goes on and off much more easily). Also the Sigma zoom ring is the opposite of my 18-70's, which is kind of annoying, but you get used to it.

Knowing what I know now I probably would have gotten the Tamron but I'm certainly happy with the Sigma 18-50 EX 2.8.