Ferrari 599GTB

As nobody on FG are insiders (except Mr.Wilman....but he doesnt really post), its hard to tell..

I would say there's a good chance it will appear, since clarkson has tested it on times online. And much of the high end stuff he stests there seem to end up on top gear too.

Don't worry, i'm sure the Ferrari will be tested. It is a footballer's car, and Jeremy did say he prefer a Ferrari than an 911.

As Jeremy thinks Ferrari is a scaled down version of god, i think they'll review it :dance:

Don't worry, i'm sure the Ferrari will be tested. It is a footballer's car, and Jeremy did say he prefer a Ferrari than an 911.

That is like me perfering American Idol to Big Brother, that doesn't say too much.

Jezza is tired of Ferraris.

599GTB is a good candidate for being the next car in the races they are doing.. :)

Am I right in saying that the 599 was in the race from last series that they never showed?

There was a recent "Ultimate Factories" show on the National Geographic channel that was about the Ferrari factory, specifically showing the creation of a 599 from beginning to end. It was quite interesting. One could probably find it on bittorrent if they were so inclined.

There was a recent "Ultimate Factories" show on the National Geographic channel that was about the Ferrari factory, specifically showing the creation of a 599 from beginning to end. It was quite interesting. One could probably find it on bittorrent if they were so inclined.

Neat. Thanks.

Yeah - having the 599 for a race is a bit too close to that long range thing Tiff did with it in South America. I dunno - that car doesn't do much for me (nor did the 575).

I would imagine it would be in the next series, I don't think it's on sale quite yet? I may be wrong.

I would imagine it would be in the next series, I don't think it's on sale quite yet? I may be wrong.

There are tons of them running around Europe and a few have hit the ground in the U.S. so far. Micheal Schumacher's is white with tinted windows and blacked out lights.

There are tons of them running around Europe and a few have hit the ground in the U.S. so far. Micheal Schumacher's is white with tinted windows and blacked out lights.

schumi got class

his FXX while not strictly picked by him, is also a classy affair. black, black tail pipes, red pin stripe round the black rims and a svelte interior. nice.

im not sure i like the 599 tbh, looks like they put the 612 on the photochoppier and went 1.5x enlarge.

engine from the enzo, and those cool magnetic-viscous damper things that can instantly alter the damping rate by applying varying voltages.

http://www.raisport.rai.it/RaiSport/pub/static/2006/1/20060109_Ferrari_599_GTB_wp.jpg

its those star like wheels i dont like

schumi got class

his FXX while not strictly picked by him, is also a classy affair. black, black tail pipes, red pin stripe round the black rims and a svelte interior. nice.

im not sure i like the 599 tbh, looks like they put the 612 on the photochoppier and went 1.5x enlarge.

engine from the enzo, and those cool magnetic-viscous damper things that can instantly alter the damping rate by applying varying voltages.

http://www.raisport.rai.it/RaiSport/pub/static/2006/1/20060109_Ferrari_599_GTB_wp.jpg

its those star like wheels i dont like

I agree with the wheels, and I also think that it's missing a pair of tail lights too, looks wrong with just two back there. That said, with the optional wheels (see below) and the incredible performance (0-to-60mph in 3.7seconds and 210mph top speed) the 599 GTB is just stupendous.

147116and147117.JPG

I just watched it - its really incredible. It actually captures how passion can be built into a car; It has given me a new found respect for the 599.

Also, I agree on the wheels issue. I'm glad for the rear lights, even if it has only singles, think they really scar the looks of the Enzo and F430.

Neat. Thanks.

Yeah - having the 599 for a race is a bit too close to that long range thing Tiff did with it in South America. I dunno - that car doesn't do much for me (nor did the 575).

The Ferrari 599 Panamerica 20,000 mile journey :)

Here's a fun fact: remove the buttresses flanking the rear window and you have a rear end similar to a Corvette. Is it a sign of the times when a well-respected automaker crops a design from a company whose products are equivalent to me trying to assemble a Ferrari by myself, and then tries to disguise it?

Here's a fun fact: remove the buttresses flanking the rear window and you have a rear end similar to a Corvette. Is it a sign of the times when a well-respected automaker crops a design from a company whose products are equivalent to me trying to assemble a Ferrari by myself, and then tries to disguise it?

Is it a sign of blindness when people begin to equate Ferrari styling with that of Chevy?

I really think it looks brilliant.. Sure it does look a bit like the 612, but the 599 just has those details that makes it less boring, and more beautiful than the 612.. :)

And that performce.. Absolutely incredible.. :p