White Stig Speaks on Dutch TV

no it isn't
that's veronica i think, a dutch tv channel

correct

by the way, at the end of the clip jorinde says the Stig is quite appealing somehow and that she would like to bite him in the neck.
Guess now we all know why the stig has become allergic to the Dutch.

Last edited:
Yeah Whoa!! is right, I thought he was allergic to the dutch.
Damn I shouldn't trust those rumours Clarkson is spreading about The Stig

Yeah, and I guess his voice can be heard by more than cats.

Seriously though, the character of the Stig still is funny to me. The way they use him in the show is still brilliant.

Even if it was Damon Hill I would still laugh when they shipped it to the Isle of Man.

Just had to register to reply on this.

First of all, I don't really get it why it's such a big deal to know who's face is behind that white crash helmet. They need someone (or should I say, something) to get the laps in reliably, to get as little variance to the results as possible.

In my opinion, it's a brilliant idea to just have an anonymous racer in an outfit in which his stiggieness can't be identified. That way they can just tug in an expert to drive it, whatever "it" that moment happens to be. It's also one of the many comical features in the show (at least for me it is). For example, a quite awhile ago, Stig drove the R24, the Renault F1 team 2004 car on TG test track to try and lap it under a minute. Now, maybe Stig was really having his birthday or maybe it was just a Renault test driver taking that lap there. Which one do you think it was? :rolleyes:

there is actually a very easy way of knowing if its hill or not.

just get a picture of hill with no shirt and compare it to this one:

http://img261.imageshack.**/img261/3426/rodfountaincomimg234stdlr5.jpg

newbie here! great forum - especially love the lists of music used in TG episodes posts. very helpfull!

i just registered to say that didn't Jimmy Carr say in a Q&A session that the Stig is or atleast was Damon Hill? (he said it was now some rally bloke). in the one episode where the Star in a Resonably Priced Car dropped out, Damon Hill was pretty easily available to come in and do a lap. plus the Stig has driven F1 cars on the show and i'm sure the car companies wouldn't let someone do that unless they knew someone who knows what he is doing is behind the wheel.

and that did sound a lot like Damon Hill in the clip.:mrgreen:

maybe we'll just have to wait until the Stig Autobiography comes out.

Re: Hyytiant and thenewguy

Welcome to the forum

For info, we know that 'normal' Stig' has never driven an F1 car, at least not on TG. The Renault was Heikki Kovallainen, and the Toyota was Christiano Da Matta. Both were test drivers for the respective teams. :)

I blame it on Nigel Mansell.

For info, we know that 'normal' Stig' has never driven an F1 car, at least not on TG. The Renault was Heikki Kovallainen, and the Toyota was Christiano Da Matta. Both were test drivers for the respective teams.

ah-hah, i see. thanks for the information. i've been telling everyone i know the Stig is actually Damon Hill for ages and the Toyota indoor speed record was one of the reasons i used to back up my claim. whoops! best i should duck the question next time i'm asked....

Its a clone

Nah..it's quite obviously some elaborate ruse to make us all think the Stig is capable of vocal communication to mere mortal humans. I'm pretty sure when Clarkson, Hammond and May mention something on the show like "We were talking to the Stig earlier about the ______ and he said...", it's either BS or they just tried to interpret what he'd "said" to them. Hell, I bet he gives then dip recipes and they just think he's going on about the last car he drove for them.

Re: Hyytiant and thenewguy

Welcome to the forum

For info, we know that 'normal' Stig' has never driven an F1 car, at least not on TG. The Renault was Heikki Kovallainen, and the Toyota was Christiano Da Matta. Both were test drivers for the respective teams. :)

That leads me to think that the Stig isnt Damon Hill as i dont think Renault or Toyota would have a problem with a ex F1 driver driving one of their cars. Renault and Toyota used their own men which means they didnt want the regular Stig driving which means they probably didnt trust him behind the wheel of their million dollar machines.

there is actually a very easy way of knowing if its hill or not.

just get a picture of hill with no shirt and compare it to this one:

http://img261.imageshack.**/img261/3426/rodfountaincomimg234stdlr5.jpg

That's the "second" white stig, the one without the red sticker on his helmet.

Off course Stig speaks. He talks to every "celebrity in reasonablely priced car" and instruct them how to drive around the track, right?

lol yea didnt someone say that he will sometimes put on accents when talking to them to mess things up?

... or did i jsut dream that?

I have been saying this to my friends all along, it's Damon Hill. I can tell just by his body type and his posture. Just compare all the times Hill has been on Top Gear and look at how skinny he is, then look at the Stig. Now that you hear his voice and pay close attention to his phrasing of words, which is very Damon Hill-ish.

I don't think the Stig was Damon Hill, because of how he speaks. When Clarkson was interviewing Hill, he started said with a quick 'ummm' a lot. The Stig only said 'ummm' once, and it was a really long one.

I've been listening to Damon speak for over a dozen years and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that that's not him. Different accent, different intonation, different pitch. This Stig also sounds about 20 years younger than Damon.

Not only that, but Damon's 5'11". Jorinde Moll is 5'9" and isn't wearing heels, but is still taller than the Stig (complete with helmet) even when mirroring his slouch against the car.

Given that the interviewed Stig is both shorter than the Stig shown getting into the Gallardo, and skinnier than any other Stig ever shown on TG to the extent that he no longer fits his race suit properly after getting out of the car, I'd suggest that it isn't a Stig at all but is in fact the tea boy.

The defence rests.

out of curiosity, where does jezza state that there is more than 1 stig