I have successfully addicted...

^ Correction, German Legion who were refugees from Napoleon, some Dutch and some Belgian troops as well as Brits and of course the Prussians. You have to remember that Napoleon was a military genius and it took another one to beat him. Was not much cop at sea tho'.

i got addicted when i first saw some clips on youtube. then i searched for a site where i can dl the full episodes and here i am now :)

:D

i forgot to add that i too was a converted member, although little conversion had to be done to me, my friends just talked about a few segments from top gear and i was drawn in lol

^ Correction, German Legion who were refugees from Napoleon, some Dutch and some Belgian troops as well as Brits and of course the Prussians. You have to remember that Napoleon was a military genius and it took another one to beat him. Was not much cop at sea tho'.

Yea.

Nappie was an expert tactist. But he made mistakes at Waterloo.

Ehhh I don't usually show that episode for just that reason.
It's like trying to introduce someone for the Beatles. You don't do it by playing some of George Harrison's more pequiliar stuff.

You do it by playing Let it Be and A Day in Life.

With the use of rented, German soldiers.

;)

:D

I wondered if anyone would pick up on that.

Last edited:
Well, you brits have been giving Napoleon a roumor of being a tyrant. Sure, he was by our standards, but not in 1815. :p

So it's just fair we who were allied to Nappi gets away with something.

This reminds me of one of those "I've converted my friends to Mac" threads. (I'm a Mac user)

Man how would you do that? Someone would have to give me a serious amount of money before I switch from PC to Mac.

I tried to get my father addicted to Top Gear. Heck, even my mother was watching but they doesn't seem interested. The only time i saw my father smiling, i think he was smiling was when i showed him the aqua car episode. It was really very funny, god, i love my parents.

Man how would you do that? Someone would have to give me a serious amount of money before I switch from PC to Mac.
I agree.

Tried a Macbook for a couple of days, I really didn't like it. OSX ain't more usable than Windows. It has a more complicated layout, and the only reason people think it's so much better, is the fact that it looks really futuristic, very 'cool' and henceforth.

I'm not saying that Macs are bad, they're not. Not really. But they're overpriced, boringly styled (A PC can come in any shape you'd like, a Mac comes in black and white), and not better than a PC.

Well, my first computer is a Mac. I really like it, but after getting my second computer with windows, i decided that it is better to have windows than a mac. This is my experience.

Back in the old days, a Mac would be a bit better than a PC. But Apple made a really bad choice when they wouldn't let other people make their computers.

Well, my first computer is a Mac. I really like it, but after getting my second computer with windows, i decided that it is better to have windows than a mac. This is my experience.

For me I've been using a Mac for a very long time, but at work I have PC and at home I have a Mac. Using both systems at the same time - my first choice will always be a Mac.

Back on topic - I've almost converted a friend of mine to Top Gear - just need to teach her how to use torrents and I think she'll be hooked.