Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

Heh, saw this here in Portland a couple years ago:

http://img204.imageshack.**/img204/5430/img8215pb7.jpg

Locally owned. :)

You know, I think the Enzo actually has a nice looking behind compared to other recent Ferraris. I'm still waiting to see an F40... that's gonna be a great day for me.

I win :p
DSC01713.jpg

DSC01712.jpg

DSC01690.jpg

DSC01693.jpg

They are own by people in the New South Wales/ Sydney area. There were other cars there like the Berera and a Stratos.
I'll post more pictures if you people want, though some of the pictures weren't taken well.

Last edited:
gti fahrenheit

gti fahrenheit

bad picture of cl65
http://img442.imageshack.**/img442/1600/0327071559qk9.jpg

gti fahrenheit at local dealer
http://img206.imageshack.**/img206/2306/0405071741uq4.jpg

One of the few SRT-10s in Finland. I have posted a pic of that Bentley GTC and claimed that the guy had sold his SRT-10. It seems, though, I made a terrible mistake =)

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

You see those two empty spots. The two missing cars are a new S-series Merc and a CLS Merc. In Finland, that?s way more than half a million worth cars.

Stolen? Or just out and about?

And woot, a Viper! Why's he living in a crappy house though?

Considering how much cars cost in Finland, I'm guessing he spent his whole money on the cars and he has none left for a decent house.

I saw a Viper exactly like that too today, along with a red convertible F430. Also saw an old CL600. It sounded like the V12 but the badges looked as if he had put them on himself:

http://img151.imageshack.**/img151/6976/0504071351zz5.jpg

Last edited:
Stolen? Or just out and about?

And woot, a Viper! Why's he living in a crappy house though?

No, not stolen. Mercs are his cars for everyday use, I think. You see, there?s also a garage, I?d say for atleast one car. Maybe one of the Mercs is in it, and the GTC and Viper are out for showing off :p

It?s obvious you mentioned the house. It really is one crappy place to live in. Atleast what I can say seeing it outside. But it?s big though. But you should see the street. It?s a god damn track for enduro bikes with all the bounces.

I don?t think the guy spend all his money on cars, as Shawn mentioned. Everybody around here knows that he is wealthy and ones income and fortune are public in Finland. I?ve seen the numbers =) Maybe he is just happy enough living there, who knows.

By the way, when I said those cars cost way more than half a million (euros), I meant all of them, not just the Mercs.

Last edited:
Oh, well that's normal then. The Viper is US$100k and the Bentley is a crapload.

kobbelv_kopi_1201308m.jpg

owned, right outside my town..

A few years back something similar happened on the highway i was on. However the car that did that was doing at least 200 kmh at the time, because a few meters from where that railing started (it starts with a ramp), one of those big road signs whatever they're called (one of these, but bigger) had a big car shaped hole in it.. :blink:

Considering how much cars cost in Finland, I'm guessing he spent his whole money on the cars and he has none left for a decent house.

at least it isn't nailed togehter like in other countries i know of

^you (probably) can't just run to the bank and ask how much money a certain person has

i guess it's listed in the bookkeeping of the company how much money is paid to each employee (bosses included) and at the end of the year, the files are made public

big companies have to do the same in belgium

Originally Posted by JannL View Post
Everybody around here knows that he is wealthy and ones income and fortune are public in Finland.
Same @ Norway.

What??!! So you know how much money your neighbor makes and vice versa? Talk about privacy.........

property tax records are public info in the u.s., so you can see how much a guy's house and vehicles are worth. for wake county, north carolina, you even get blueprints and photos of the house. you can look back as far as 10 years. from that, you can draw a conclusion as to how much money someone has.

here's an example i posted earlier in this thread:
steve fowler's garage (owns fowler contracting) the past 10 years. looks like he hasn't paid the taxes on his ford gt and carrera gt.:blink:
http://tinyurl.com/yspjcj

Last edited:
^you (probably) can't just run to the bank and ask how much money a certain person has

i guess it's listed in the bookkeeping of the company how much money is paid to each employee (bosses included) and at the end of the year, the files are made public

big companies have to do the same in belgium

This, I can understand, makes perfect sense too. But this:

property tax records are public info in the u.s., so you can see how much a guy's house and vehicles are worth. for wake county, north carolina, you even get blueprints and photos of the house. you can look back as far as 10 years. from that, you can draw a conclusion as to how much money someone has.

........isn't that kind of like "invasion" of privacy? So if I wanted to, I could go look up my neighbor's tax records and see if he would be any wealthier than me? Sounds pretty scary :blink:

Yeah, those are owned by a collector in Portland. Quite a nice collection I must say.
Know who it is? i.e. is it the Tonkin family or just a guy who does business with them?