Richard joins Radio 2

Oh well, that was fairly average.

Agreed.

One thing he proved when he did the local radio show for Top Gear is he does not make a good radio presenter. He was too busy trying to get the timings right, that he would cut people off who phoned in mid sentence whilst Jeremy was talking to them, and just sort of repeat the last thing they said because he'd heard other radio DJs doing that. BUT other proper DJs do that only after the convo naturally finishes and after actually listening to what the caller was saying, which Richard clearly wasn't.

He's good on TV, let him stay there please!

MP3 anybody?

Listen again

Have you ever heard such bloody awful music as that which he played today? Truly sickening. You can really tell Richard was a 'local radio' DJ, bless. That said, I'd rather listen to him than the other tossers that Radio 2 grab from television such as Dermot O'Leary (charmless wanker), Russell Brand (just dull) and King Bellend himself, Chris Evans.

Chris Evans has settled down into Radio 2 quite well, though I agree about Dermot- he's just shit.

Yeah, you could tell that Hamster's previous radio experience was all home counties stuff, reading out sheep prices and the like! But having Hamster on was still way better than the usual knob in that slot, Steve 'Love The Sound Of My Own Voice & Don't Care About The Records' Wright.

I like how they have Chris Coco on there for a Chillout Session.

You're right about Steve Wright. He'll play a decent song then, half-way through it, he will either fade it out for a ten-minute jingle; sing along with it; tell you about the weather in a country you don't actually live in or regale you with one of those pointless annoying 'factoids' such as: 'Lettuce is the national sport of Turkmenistan'.

Agreed.

One thing he proved when he did the local radio show for Top Gear is he does not make a good radio presenter. He was too busy trying to get the timings right, that he would cut people off who phoned in mid sentence whilst Jeremy was talking to them, and just sort of repeat the last thing they said because he'd heard other radio DJs doing that. BUT other proper DJs do that only after the convo naturally finishes and after actually listening to what the caller was saying, which Richard clearly wasn't.

So it didn't occur to you he was bad on purpose for the TG show? He used to be a DJ!

You're right about Steve Wright. He'll play a decent song then, half-way through it, he will either fade it out for a ten-minute jingle; sing along with it; tell you about the weather in a country you don't actually live in or regale you with one of those pointless annoying 'factoids' such as: 'Lettuce is the national sport of Turkmenistan'.

I agree! There was an article I read a while ago criticising Chris Moyles for making a little extra on royalties with his jingles, how much must Steve Wright get!? And to top it off they are the same every day and have been for years! His show is utterly boring now I don't know why anyone listens.

Last edited:
So it didn't occur to you he was bad on purpose for the TG show? He used to be a DJ!

No because when they're purposely bad its funny, it was actually him trying seriously to be professional and screwing it up. If you remember the actual Top Gear segment, Jeremy and James were screwing about and talking about Cadillacs and Richard was really nervous about the whole thing, and if you listen to the whole show it really comes across that Hammond is trying to be Mr Professional, and it wasn't working he was just sh*te:lol:

How come Richard is'nt going to be on radio 2 today then?

How come Richard is'nt going to be on radio 2 today then?

He is only doing four shows, the dates are:

Spring Bank Holiday: 28th May 2007
Summer Bank Holiday: 27th August 2007

The last one is described as the 'Christmas/New Year bank holidays'. that would suggest there are five shows, as the Christmas bank holiday is Christmas Day, and the New Year bank holiday is the 1st January 2008. I'm sure it will become clearer nearer the time. :)

Last edited:
Hammonds just started his 2nd show. I noticed when Jeremy Vine was on, they had the webcam going and it refreshed every minute. Hammond started and the webcam disappeared. Why would this be do you think??

Edit: It's cos he has grown a beard :D We need to find a photo of this!!

Last edited:
Hammonds just started his 2nd show. I noticed when Jeremy Vine was on, they had the webcam going and it refreshed every minute. Hammond started and the webcam disappeared. Why would this be do you think??

different broadcast studio

LOL, That would be really strange if richard does have a beard! :lol:

Also the show was okay, Richard was talking about destroying caravans and how he wants to buy a VW Camper.