Can you say TORQUE-STEER?

Cryptopygia

The Eastern state where you can't fill your tank
Car(s)
Whichever car is still working
1200 HP. VW Golf. Torque steer abound, unless it's the R32. Or converted to RWD.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yASe_okkiOE[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
lol be funny if the second u launch u steer into the wall lol

It's gotta be AWD. It sounds pretty mild for 1200hp too.

There was made a Golf with 900hp by some Swedish Tuners, they used AWD, would guess these guys did as well. :p

^Actually, they were done by the same company.

isn?t it the same car modified perhaps? :)

Dahlback is so sick.......I want to drive it ;)

Fuck that thing accelerates fast. Gotta be AWD.

It is AWD with a stupidly modified Audi 5 cylinder motor.

They were trying to dyno test it for some magazine article, and they kinda broke the dyno. The 1200 hp figure is a projection based on previous dyno pulls and where in the power band it broke. I think it broke just shy of 1000 if I recall correctly.

I don't think a fwd 1200bhp car is drivable. One smidgen of throttle in a corner and you're off.

I don't think a fwd 1200bhp car is drivable. One smidgen of throttle in a corner and you're off.

And you would probably need some heavy duty driveshafts for it too.

That's what I meant ;)

Question: when cars like this are posting 1200hp...is that just the straight turbo/supercharged engine, or is that what it puts out whlie it's getting a shot of nitro?

Dahlback is a tunercompany that's specialized on VAGs. this is one and same car that broke the dyno, but the owner has said that it's around 1050bhp at the moment. The car has 2.1l, 20-valve Audi inline 5, sequential transmission and ridiculously much other goodies. only the chassis looks like Golf, the rest is actually something you could had found from the Audi S1 Quattro.8)

I would love to see this against some supercar in a drag race :D

Years ago Clarkson raced a Holden against Vicky in a tuned Capri and then, after he lost, he raced in a Cerbera against a heavily modified Skyline. It was fun, pointless but fun.

it's not even a golf. it's a tubular frame with audi engine (and drivetrain?) and is bloody fast. and bloody old as well...does that car actually still excist?
Actually it is a Golf. The tubular frame you're talking about is an extra supporting sub frame under the car and he custom made an engine carrier. So the basic shell of this car is a VW Golf IV, but it's got a substantial roll cage, custom made engine carrier and supporting sub frame.

Yes it still exists, I saw it at Gatebil both back in July 2006 and in September 2006. In the first of these occasions it didn't go, because he blew a turbo. But last September it was as fast as ever around the track. Although according to Hans Dahlback himself, it never had more than 830 hp.

From Gatebil July 2006
914274ce.jpg

80493592.jpg

0746bd18.jpg

From Gatebil September 2006
DahlbackGolfRSi.jpg

Yup, this car really has the engine IN FRONT OF the headlights :lol:

[youtube]a0x2MUp6Q5I[/youtube]

[youtube]O3_WjGYxMfk[/youtube]

The Audi:
[youtube]WSupAOw55Gg[/youtube]

And offtopic: