I'm not Takumi

Car(s)
Toyota AE86 Corolla
Guess what he stole:

101_3812.jpg

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=698694

I hope he drove it like he stole it. :lol:

At least it wasn't something stupid like a Cobalt :lol:

But, man, that took Hertz a long time...

Umm.. I hope the two guys knows what he is doing, as that is a RWD car. Even in N, that is not good. But its a rental so who cares.

If you're going to steal a rental you might as well steal something good I guess lol.

How retarded can you be? I mean, what, you think they'll just forget about the car? Plus, it's not like it's some generic car. It's frickin' black with gold!

hahaha, awesome.

But the guy is an idiot. So is the tow truck driver.

When Hertz introduced these specials, werent they specificly scared something like this would happen same way as with the 60s Hertz Mustang

These hertz mustangs have automatic's and perma-on traction control.

automatic:BLEAGH!

traction control: lawyers...

When Hertz introduced these specials, werent they specificly scared something like this would happen same way as with the 60s Hertz Mustang

What actually happened was guys were stealing the GT engines and replacing them with the 289's.

Ironiclly enough, properly documented "swaps" are extremely rare and command huge premiums. :lol:

Likewise, even today, the Shelby guys had "offers" from folks wanting one "thru the back door." One actually tried to bribe them for $15,000. Yes, $15,000. Thats it, not including the cost of the Mustangs themselves.

Last edited:
So where do you tow it if its a AWD car?

My Dad's 'Cruiser is fulltime four-wheel-drive and it has been towed twice. Once on a flatbed and the other they put a dolly under the rear wheels so they are not on the ground, then they just tow it normally by lifting the front end.

So where do you tow it if its a AWD car?

Generally, it's good advice to request a flatbed every time. The most important reason is that while your car is running, there are pumps and ways for your car to circulate lubricants, etc...when the car is off, this doesn't happen.