Heroes [Spoilers, Duh]

^ Good call!

I liked that supermemory waitress. Not saying that i'd do her or anything, but hiro liked her a lot, and he's the best, so she should have stayed.

There must be only a couple of episodes left for this season?

Why can't you Americans just show a series each and every week. I'm watching House and the last episode had a three week break before it and now a three week break after it. Your series take like 9 months to get through.
Any reason for this 6 week gap with Heroes?

That's actually pretty rare over here and it's always annoyed me. They just started running all episodes with no interruptions for 24 about 2 seasons ago, before that it was maddenning getting into it every week and then it leaves off for 2 months and you forget all the ongoing threads.

In the US they really only do one "series" (season to us) per year, not multiple per year like the UK. But typically these seasons are 23 episodes I think. They used to all sync up their new shows in the same week on September. Then they would run, with breaks for sports playoffs, new fill-in shows, etc, with repeats (each episode is so expensive they wanted replay out of them). Plus they would save their big ammo for "sweeps" week which I think is in February or March, so they would water it down in between with repeats. Then over the summer they would try replacement series or just plain repeats. As it's summer they wouldn't waste their A+ material when nobody is inside watching TV.

With cable, etc., this is all changing and the rules are becoming looser. The starts don't line up anymore, some series run all the way to completion, etc.

I love Heroes even though it's like a combination of Smallville and X-Men. I'm enjoying it, bring it back!

I imagine its different because Hiro knows he can time travel and is almost expecting himself to come back to help him or vice versa so it shouldnt fuck things up too much for him ...

You just gave me a thought -- what if Hiro could get himself at various points all along the timeline to return to the "present", including infinite alternate timelines. We could have an infinite army of Hiro!

That's what I can't seem to grasp. How many Hiro's could there possibly be? Assuming there are no other universes, and we are just working on one timeline....would there be one hiro every second?

you aren't thinking 4th dimensionally. There is only one Hiro, but his personal timeline is non-linear compared to ours. It can loop back on itself and overlap.

Speaking of Hiro, how do you think the season finale will shake out next week? I'm usually pretty good about figuring stuff out, but this one has me on the edge of my seat. Everything is pointing to a very dark finish to the season.

Boom.

"you aren't thinking 4th dimensionally" - Didn't doc tell marty that? (and vice-versa).

I just learned about a spin-off series called "Heroes: Origins"
http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-nbcupfronts-heroesorigins,0,5536579.story?coll=zap-tv-headlines

Apparently it will be like 6 episodes about some other heroes, and then we can pick who we want. Kinda interesting. But a lot of things can go wrong IMO.

I'm glad the season finale will be 2 hours, I think. For some reason I thought we'd have one hour tonight, and then one next week. Anyway...I have no clue what will happen. I'm still thinking Peter is "the bomb"...maybe we'll have a mini-explosion.

Good news - Mohinder kinda did something smart. Knocking a dude out, and pulling a gun on someone else....not bad.

Bad news - Mohinder is still fucking things up. Let HRG do what he has to do. Even if it's popping a cap in a little girls ass. Okay, that came out a little wrong.

It's funny how he will work with the wrong people (Sylar, and that dude that HRG shot in the head)...but with HRG and Parkman he's all cowboy.

Mohinder: She's got her power back! Let's use her to find Sylar now!
Other guy: Meh, we'll get to that.
Mohinder:

Alright, enough about Mohinder. I totally fell in love with Candace tonight, I think she's going to join with the good guys for sure.

Hiro calling Nathan a villain or "virrain" was funny. He actually yelled it at the car too.

Let DL die, and bring back Jessica.

Poor Ted. But he was a drag anyway (Peter kinda dropped the ball on this one, he knew Sylar was out there and he should have followed the truck or something). Where's scarface Peter when you need him?

Any thoughts on what Takei's? power is

Alright, all the articles I read said the season finale will be 2 hours. But I checked the NBC lineup, and they only have it for one hour. Darn, they really should have just played both episodes together then....

Just finished watching the finale. I think there will be a lot of people that are disappointed. I know some already. I thought it was still good though.

We were once again denied a Peter/Sylar showdown. I really wish the finale was 2 hours, it would have helped things.

Did Peter have to explode? I'm not quite sure of the exchange between Peter & Nathan. Couldn't Claire have just shot Peter?

I doubt Peter is dead, and I'm pretty sure Nathan is still alive. So it will be interesting to see how they work this out. Did Peter absorb Hiro's power?

I loved the whole thing with Peter and that "dream sequence".....it was done really well. Even though I'm not even sure what the fuck happened.

The setup for the the even scarier villain was really cool, and I'm happy that Sylar got away.

Ando telling Hiro that he looked "Bad Ass" was awesome. And the moment between Micah and Molly was too cute.

I think they were smart to add a teaser for Volume 2. It was a nice touch.

There were moments that I almost teared up. I'm not sure if I can handle waiting for the next season.

Oh, and after Nikki knocked out Candace...she turned back into her hot self. Does that mean she isn't ugly? Or maybe she's been using that for so long, it's kinda default now?

I was kind of disappointed with the ending, but it was bad ass. :mrgreen:
Maybe Sylar wasn't killed maybe he was dragged away by ninjas or something.

I wanna know who the person Molly cant see is! That sounds juicy!

Personally I think it will be Ularu.

Heroes Wiki said:
Uluru the Invincible is the giant rock monster who sometimes appears in a painting by Isaac Mendez and is featured on Isaac's 9th Wonders! comic books. He has appeared to Isaac in a vision while Isaac was high on heroin.

Painting_uluru_2.jpg

Also I read an interview with the writers somewhere where they talked about Ularu and they said that the dragon may not be his actual form.

Would be interesting to see them have to team up with Sylar, who as we have seen isn't really evil but kills for a purpose, to stop the big new bad guy. Kind of like when the X-Men have to team up with Magneto to stop something.

I thought the finale was pretty good, didn't get the show down between Sylar and Peter we all wanted, but to be honest I don't mind. Sylar is still alive, so there still is a chance of the show down in the future. I think when/if they have a showdown it will ultimately have to be the end for one of them, most likly Sylar.

Bring on Volume 2.

If you read comics, you know that there are usually several altercations before the Final Showdown. The final battles sometimes last for an entire issue, so this is not unusual (although I cheered when Sylar was run-through). The plot promises to get pretty twisted, in fact it would not surprise me to find out that The Sword was either used by Hiro in 1467, that he made it himself or that it was made specially for him.

Unlike Lost, I get the feeling that the creators of Heroes have a good plan for the next season, and possibly beyond. NBC is throwing their weight behind the show for this fall.

What I really want is a print-form of the graphic novels; I hate trying to read them on my computer screen. As much as I like digital media, I still prefer something tangible.

Here is a link to a compilation of the graphic novels in pdf format, so if you really want you can print them all out for your collection. Plus they are easier to read like this in pdf rather then having to load each page through the official site.

Heroe's Graphic Novels