2007 Monaco Grand Prix

I think its clearly obvious that Bernie is only throwing in his opinion to keep the sport in the news. I can't see any reason why McLaren should be found guilty and if they are, Bernie suggests the team could be penalised but not the drivers! Since when were the drivers not part of the team? Why should the mechanics suffer for a throwaway comment that was made by Ron Dennis? Why should McLaren suffer any penalty that excludes them from the championship or points deduction when all Ferrari got in 2002 was a fine?! In fact, was any action taken in Indy 2002? None that I remember. Ohh the inconsistencies!!!

I think the FIA and Bernie should be more concerned about the potential backlash such a decision could have on the fans of the sport. Here is a really exciting championship battle between two very evenly matched teams. Still, by penalising McLaren it only confirms the obvious bias the FIA and Ecclestone have within them for their desire for Ferrari to win. Its the 1998 politics all over again...

So called 'experts' Hill, Stewart and Mansell. Bunch of washed up ex-drivers who still see fit to throw in their opinions and forgetting that we dont care anymore what they think. You can probably tell this is pissing me off :p

Last edited:
How did McLaren do anything wrong? They basically had the race in the bag, Hamilton was not likely to catch Alonso; all they wanted to do was make sure that neither of them screwed it up for eachother. In other sports, that's known as "team work".

BBC said:
McLaren cleared over Hamilton row

McLaren have been cleared of any wrongdoing following an investigation into whether they illegally used team orders at the Monaco Grand Prix.

Governing body the FIA said after studying the race that McLaren "did nothing which could be described as interfering with the race result"

Source

Case closed :)

Just bringing a longer quote in here:

As for telling the drivers to slow down and not challenge each other on the track, the FIA clarified: "It is standard procedure for a team to tell its drivers to slow down when they have a substantial lead. This is in order to minimise the risk of technical or other problems. It is also standard practice and entirely reasonable to ask the drivers not to put each other at risk."

The FIA also highlighted the team's superior pace as giving it more leeway in the strategy department. "McLaren were able to pursue an optimum team strategy because they had a substantial advantage over all other cars. They did nothing which could be described as interfering with the race result."

Source

good old bernie and his shit stiring, hope it backfires on him and so he learns

Wonder if Ferrari maybe pointed the FIA into investigating??