The world's next fastest supercar...testing on Top Gear's track?!

ClarksonIsFat

I happened across this video of the upcoming Caparo T1 on streetfire,

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/94ce3335-f6ce-4bc5-bee9-994700fae61e.htm

The Caparo T1 is an ultralight supercar designed by former employees of Mclaren, and with a power-to-weight ratio nearly double that of the Bugatti Veyron, it promises to be an insane performer.

It occurred to me during the video that this looks a lot like Top Gear's test track. A little research seems to prove my assumption correct.

0:20 in the streetfire vid:
http://img182.imageshack.**/img182/9594/topgearno2.png

From the re-test of the Koenigsegg CCX, episode 8x04
http://img172.imageshack.**/img172/7663/topgear2wg0.png

So this means one of two things:
1. For some reason, Caparo was simply testing two of their pre-production T1's on Top Gear's track.
-or-
2. Top Gear is going to be testing the Caparo in an upcoming episode!

I truly hope it's the latter. Just thought I'd share. Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed. A search for "caparo" revealed nothing.

Last edited:
Surely it won't have a higher top speed than the Veyron.

Unless you're on a race track this thing is seriously uncool. Not my idea of a supercar. But who am I to judge?

It is at the Test Track. Has all the markings on the road.

Who is driving though?

I think it may be a test day for Caparo. But i hope its for TG.

Surely it won't have a higher top speed than the Veyron.

Unless you're on a race track this thing is seriously uncool. Not my idea of a supercar. But who am I to judge?

You are absolutely correct that it won't have a higher top speed. It's designed for downforce and pure grip. They say at ~150mph you could put it in a tunnel and it would adhere to the ceiling. Perhaps "faster" is the wrong word to describe it, but the T1 should easily out-accelerate, out-handle, and out-grip the Veyron by a significant margin...along with anything else on the road.

As far as "coolness" goes, that's subjective, and I agree this car borders on the extreme. The T1 is much more of a track car than a street car, even more so than traditional supercars like the Murcielago, SLR, Carrera GT, Zonda, etc. It's even more radical than the Enzo, but there is something to be said for a vehicle you could drive on the street that approaches the performance of an F1 car. I find the engineering behind the T1 to be very cool.

Perhaps "faster" is the wrong word to describe it
Quicker is the word you need.

Its always funny to confuse people, particularly when taking about drag racing with that one.
But in drag racing terms:
Faster = Trap speed
Quicker = Lower ET

"Dunsfold - England's Nuremburg"

Seriously, pretty cool! Definitly hope this is on the show.

The Caparo T1 not cool? Any car that can seperate the posers from the Stigs simply with looks like that is infinitely cool.

If anything, it's our version of GM's Motorama concepts, especially the Firebirds: it's our brazenly futuristic vision of what cars will look like 40 years from now. That's why I love it so much. :thumbsup:

I believe that car has already made an appearance in the Top Gear studio, but not on the track.

The CCXR would get it's ass handed to it by a T1....it's pretty much an F1 car for the road. Taken to the most extreme they could.

it's our brazenly futuristic vision of what cars will look like 40 years from now. That's why I love it so much. :thumbsup:

Cars 40 years from now will all be Water powered 70hp plastic mobiles sadly.

I thought you were talking about the Melling Hellcat. Now that is the true "Veyron Killer." Quad-Turbo V10 1175 HP 270 MPH.

I thought you were talking about the Melling Hellcat. Now that is the true "Veyron Killer." Quad-Turbo V10 1175 HP 270 MPH.

Why does everyone mention the hellcat but forget the SSC Ultimate Aero? Twin Turbo V8 with over 1100bhp top speed of 273.....

And to whoever said it could probably drive on the ceiling, The Saleen S7 can do that already, so it wouldn't be a first.

Why does everyone mention the hellcat but forget the SSC Ultimate Aero? Twin Turbo V8 with over 1100bhp top speed of 273.....

And to whoever said it could probably drive on the ceiling, The Saleen S7 can do that already, so it wouldn't be a first.

*sigh* And yet...I can't find any videos anywhere of someone actually driving upside-down in a tunnel anywhere. I understand the difficulties of paving upside down, and making something long enough that the driver can have enough time to turn upside down, and turn back down within a safe distance. It wouldn't have to be a whole track in a tube, obviously, just one section of it, with enough space behind it for the cars to get to their anti-gravity speeds...but still...