Lets see what happens when a car sits in water for 50 years...

Punisher Bass

He who drives a Buick
Car(s)
98 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
Is there? I checked around and didn't see one.

Well since that one hasn't been touched in months, I don't think this one does any harm. Right mods/admins?

speaking on behalf of a few rusty-car communities, i can tell you with certainty that cars that sit around are usually in much better conditions then cars that are driven, assuming the car wasn't sitting in a tub of water the whole time its probably pretty workable
The irony is that Ottobon totally called it.

Well with barn finds the cars are normally in a hot and dry enviroment. If this car had been stuck in a box above ground, I'd think it would be close to the shape it was when it was put in.

I really hope I'm wrong and the car turns out to be in tip top shape. Or if it's not too far gone someone will try and restore it.

I read that Tulsa also buried a Prowler to be cracked open in the future, I hope they did a better job with it.

Is your current ride really THAT bad? You really think my mom's Taurus is an improvment?

:cry:
That's all I can say. Poor old classic car...

The vault was briefly opened Wednesday so hazardous materials crews could inspect the 10 gallons of gasoline and motor oil cans that had been placed in the time capsule in case internal combustion engines became obsolete by 2007.

Hehe. Funny... But makes sense :)

50 year old gasoline?

hmm, i doubt it's still fresh :lol:

Poor car... should have just been driven around to lead a proper life.

/"We've been a state for 50 years!... A statue? pfff, fuck that. Let's bury some cars!"

It was spoused to be Nuclear Bomb Proof! "OOPS" said the 3th generation son of the construction company originally hired to build it.

Call me crazy, but I have a theory. They probably knew that the vault/box/shell whatever wouldn't protect like they claimed. So they probably have had a copy of the car sitting in proper storage this whole time and it's perfect shape. They've did this to save face, to say "Look! Despite sitting in rusty water for decades, the protection used worked perfectly!".

Actually, being under water won't make the car rust that badly. It would rust after it's been taken out, if it's not properly dried.