Bought a Bike

Noooo! Don't replace the exhausts! The dual megaphones are one of my favorite parts on my bike.

I've been thinking a little more about that AMA event and it would be cool to turn that into my bike's first long journey. I figure it should have proven (or disproven) its reliability by then. Plus it's at the Mid Ohio course so there's probably some fun to be had by the non-motorcycle crowd.

I'm not sure I could stand being on that bike all the way to Ohio, it's not exactly made for a 6'4" guy. The bike is fine for shorter distances, but a 5 day trip cross country? No thank you! I would want a big touring bike for that kind of thing, or at least a big long cruiser I can stretch out on.

I'm not sure I could stand being on that bike all the way to Ohio, it's not exactly made for a 6'4" guy. The bike is fine for shorter distances, but a 5 day trip cross country? No thank you! I would want a big touring bike for that kind of thing, or at least a big long cruiser I can stretch out on.

But don't you want a new experience? =D
Nice bike. Requires some work but it's nice... or it sounds nice. Where the f'ing pictures?

Last edited:
A new experience, like not being able to feel my ass or legs for 5 days? Before I do any big trips like that I want to get a larger cruiser and outfit it with saddlebags and one of those specialty motorcycle luggage bags that's made to fit on the back seat and also be a back rest.

There is a link to the sales ad in the first post. I have not taken any photos of it myself.

A new experience, like not being able to feel my ass or legs for 5 days? Before I do any big trips like that I want to get a larger cruiser and outfit it with saddlebags and one of those specialty motorcycle luggage bags that's made to fit on the back seat and also be a back rest.
Hey, this guy should be your inspiration.

Pain is temporary, glory is forever, etc.

Let's see what I would have to do to ride to Ohio on my current bike:
Saddlebags - probably $200-$300
Rear pack - Unknown
New seat - $350
Highway pegs - Unknown
Riding suit - $400 (all I have now are OSHA work boots, a denim and leather jacket and leather gloves - not good for prolonged cold over the mountains or any poor weather)

Not happening - I saved for a year to pay the $1,000 for the bike.

I added a Suzuki GSR 600 to mah collection today! If anyone is intrested... :p

Cool! Post some photos?

I am going to have to get mine into the shop. I noticed the front wheel started making a rubbing noise and it doesn't spin freely when I rotate it by hand - I feel some resistance. I can't tell if it's one of the brakes (rotor on both sides) or the bearing.

Between that and the electrical problem I will have to get it in as soon as possible. The first shop I called doesn't have anything until Thursday (maybe), so tomorrow I am calling another shop where the previous owner took the bike to see if they can get me in. It will also need fork seals soon, but I am probably going to ride it to a friend's place with a garage and just take in the tubes to save myself some money.

No pics of mah sook yet.

But here's mah beemer:
http://img176.imageshack.**/img176/3569/dsc00713kg9.th.jpg

And a few other bikes:
http://img244.imageshack.**/img244/8932/dsc00714zk2.th.jpg
The first yellow one is my Husaberg 450, The "orange" bmw is my stepdads and so is the white husqvarna. And in the back you have my suzuki K50 and mah green "flakmoppe"!!

I like the look of that copper-colored BMW. Your bike is really nice too. How long is your riding season? Here in the bay area I can ride pretty much all year, but we do get more rain in the spring.

Nice looking bikes! I especially like the older ones tucked away in that shed. I'd love to have a BMW bike someday.

I called the shop where the previous owner took the bike and they are able to get me in on Monday to fix the electrical and check the brakes and such. Once that is done the bike will be good to go. Now I just need to find someone to go with me on Saturday to drop off the bike.

I like the look of that copper-colored BMW. Your bike is really nice too. How long is your riding season? Here in the bay area I can ride pretty much all year, but we do get more rain in the spring.

If you wear enough clothes you have roughly 6 months..
But I do ride my Husaberg all year round..