Looks like my family is getting a new Nissan Murano.

I get the impression that Europeans have more and better choices when it comes to cars. =D

I get the impression that Europeans have more and better choices when it comes to cars. =D

More choices, sure. I don't know about "better". They have some truly awful choices over there - the Perodua Kelisa comes to mind.

my friends father had one of those, their better then you would expect them to be, hope it treats you well

PS:I really liked the "birds eye" navigation, its pretty cool, although probably more common then i realize on modern cars

Here in the States, the Murano's MSRP is $27750 - $31850.

The FX35 2WD starts at $37,950.

To address another topic, I don't think anyone mistakes either the Murano or FX for an off-road capable vehicle.

what the hell $27k yet in the uk its like ?30k lol! we pay over twice as much for the same car!

i like the murano... i like its looks, i like its spec/kit list, its just a great car...great choice

The FX and Murano aren't related. The FX is AWD or RWD and comes on the FM platform. The Murano is built off the Altima platform. That said, I like the FX.

Original poster: I've driven the Murano. It's a pretty good little wagon - just make sure you get it in AWD and with the CVT. The standard automatic is blah, and the FWD-only version doesn't handle quite right in sporty driving situations. With the CVT and AWD, it's actually entertaining to drive.

Wow, I was under the full understanding that they shared platforms. I still hate it, i just hate performance SUV's. Buy a Hot Hatch, or a performance car. And if you really want an SUV, buy a proper one.

Wow, I was under the full understanding that they shared platforms. I still hate it, i just hate performance SUV's. Buy a Hot Hatch, or a performance car. And if you really want an SUV, buy a proper one.

The FX35 doesn't even pretend to be offroad capable. Think of it as the G35 wagon.

And there are no "hot hatches" that can carry as much as the FX.

Well yeah if you need that amount of space a hot hatch wont cut it, but for me the GTI can move around most I need. Then why not a Passat Wagon if you need the space? You can get a 3.6l 4 Motion that has more cargo room with the seat down (73 cu ft s 65 cu ft) and better fuel econ and more power. And the prices are almost the same, and i think the Passat has better options for those price.
Maybe its all the SF air, but for the most part i just am starting to hate SUV's. Sorry to hijack the thread but other i hope would take a look at the wagon market before going straight to SUV.

The US-market Passat is made in Mexico and is overpriced crap. Sorry, but that's what it is. It isn't selling well for a reason.

And, by the way, the Passat is slower (IIRC) and only gets 1 mpg better in the city (fueleconomy.gov), which is where these things will more likely be used.

Umm I think your confusing the Passat with the Jetta, the Passat is still mfg in Germany and not in Mexico. My B5.5 was also mfg in Germany, and my current GTI is also. I dont think any of the recent Passat's for the US Market have been mfg in Mexico.
As for being slower, I think they have ruffly the same 0-60 (7.5 for the Nissan, 7.6 for the VW) which is bad as the VW is just a estate, but, I would be in the bends it would hold its own. But when a wagon can have more cargo room then an SUV, and if you see the interior its a much nicer place.
I am a VW fan, and my first VW was a Passat and i think its a damn good car and i think the new one is the same. The B5.5 set the benchmark on what interior for mid size sedans should be and if i am not mistaken actually sold very strong, I dont know about the current one.

Umm I think your confusing the Passat with the Jetta, the Passat is still mfg in Germany and not in Mexico. My B5.5 was also mfg in Germany, and my current GTI is also. I dont think any of the recent Passat's for the US Market have been mfg in Mexico.
As for being slower, I think they have ruffly the same 0-60 (7.5 for the Nissan, 7.6 for the VW) which is bad as the VW is just a estate, but, I would be in the bends it would hold its own. But when a wagon can have more cargo room then an SUV, and if you see the interior its a much nicer place.
I am a VW fan, and my first VW was a Passat and i think its a damn good car and i think the new one is the same. The B5.5 set the benchmark on what interior for mid size sedans should be and if i am not mistaken actually sold very strong, I dont know about the current one.

Having driven both, the FX35 is (not surprisingly) a lot more fun to drive and a lot better in corners. Remember, under the FX skin is a sports car, the 350Z. What's under the Passat sheetmetal? Um, a Passat. Bleah, a FWD German box.

You were correct - the current Passat isn't made in Mexico... yet. They're moving production there. I'd thought they'd already done so, but that's supposedly scheduled for next year or so.

Put it to you this way - if you want to see a non-turbo Cayenne owner cry, blow past him in an FX45. They really are that good and they're loads cheaper. Likewise, the FX35 is a much better car than much of the competition. It's not really an SUV, and they're not marketing it as one.

Well, I just checked the car's computer and it tells me I'm getting 17 MPG. My God, that is awful. Nearly half my paycheck is going to be dedicated to fueling up this car...

Stop flogging it, and let the CVT do what it needs to.

My cousin has a Murano SE. She really likes her's it does the job of shuttling around the kids and all their stuff. It has been reliable, enough hp, and doesn't look like every other crossover.

Nissan dealers are another story according to her. <_<

Uhg, I always wondered how they kept that thing in production, I barely ever see any on the road.

Your opinion doesn't count for reasons already stated.

It's been a *huge* hit here in the States. The Pacifica is/was Chrysler's (somewhat pathetic) attempt at a copy.

Uhg, I always wondered how they kept that thing in production, I barely ever see any on the road.

Because normal people like it.

A new one is coming out very soon, can you wait a little for the new one / better price for the old one?