Why so anti-US biased?

Well, if you bothered to read i said:

I read the part about the 'pure, hateful venom'. If you want to feel that bad about the way you perceive all of america is being treated, but trust me, a lot of us have thicker skins than that.

They would if he called them a nazi every other week...

This isnt about an overblown reaction to the same treatment that they all get, its about the horrible, personal insults that are thrown at a nation with such ferocity and with a frequency unparalleled on the show. The occasional joke is pleasant and fun (this is what say, Belgium would get once or twice a series), a constant barrage of hurtful attacks is quite another.

First of all, he does make nazi jokes nearly every other week and wow, your whining is not helping your case any. It makes the rest of us sound really pathetic, please give it a rest.

Last edited:
I don't know what show youve been watching, but they beat up on themselves quite a bit. Sure Clarkson goes on and on about Jaguar and Aston, but if you do even a tiny bit of research you'll see just how much he hated Rover, which he was actually blamed for the demise of by weird people

exactly, as much british pride the presenters have, they give the British car industry some of the worst bashings of all, esp since it seems to sincerely hurt their sense of national pride. These guys are tough on everyone, as americans we have the least to be crybabies about.

^ Don't forget too, Clarkson is held responsible by Vauxhall employees for giving the Vectra a bad name.

Oh lord, I'm going to run and cry now, not from the "pure, hateful venom" from the likes of Clarkson, Hammond and May, but from the idiocy that can't take a joke in this country. Look, once TopGear comes to America, cry about them telling us how bad the cars we drive every day are. Although, I've got the feeling they've already seen enough of the crybabies to run far away. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to eat my CHEESEburger and go sit on my sofa for the next 30 hours and do nothing :D.

Oh lord, I'm going to run and cry now, not from the "pure, hateful venom" from the likes of Clarkson, Hammond and May, but from the idiocy that can't take a joke in this country. Look, once TopGear comes to America, cry about them telling us how bad the cars we drive every day are. Although, I've got the feeling they've already seen enough of the crybabies to run far away. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to eat my CHEESEburger and go sit on my sofa for the next 30 hours and do nothing :D.

Yay, an American who can take a joke :thumbsup:

you really need to get over it, everytime they mention the monaro or anything from australia they also dont forget to mention that we are a nation of small town, simple minded hicks with no class at all.

when they do i just have a bit of a laugh and then go out back and feed my pet kangaroo and emus (and thats pronounced e-mew not fuckin e-moo)

Point of information :
Clarkson is also not keen on East Anglia or Birmingham natives I recall. So it's not even all of England he likes.

Why?
Because some british people still think they are the leader of the world, owner of the North America.

deathkenli We are the world leader in self deprecation - so there.

exactly, well said. Its a great show, JC is most of the time a very funny bloke, its just that he doesnt think fondly of America. Dont take it personally. He is a grumpy old git, what does he actually like?!! I seem to remember Top Gear actually did a series for the US, and had to dissect every bit of script and translate it into American, as the general population wouldnt understand what he was talking about even tho he was speaking English. I cant recall them doing an exclusive show for OZ.

He used to own a Ford GT for christs sake!!! Hammond has a Charger and a Mustang!!! Seriously stop being so bloody touchy. And no one loves their country more so than the Americans.

You do realise that it happens the other way on some American shows as well? After all, what about Family Guy? They've often portrayed the British as buck-toothed nancies, but you take it in your stride and laugh. I guess the key is not to take oneself so seriously.

What's more nauseating are the American TV shows which basically go overboard on the whole 'America is so great' thing, I've even seen it in episodes of the Simpsons (I'd say the episode Bart-Mangled Banner is fairly alienating to many non-Americans).

The Simpsons made fun of Australia, and we laughed at it.

Americans are too sensitive.

that was a pretty tops episode, like when marge tried to order coffee, bee-eeeeer?

and the boot, that would sove many many problems

You do realise that it happens the other way on some American shows as well? After all, what about Family Guy? They've often portrayed the British as buck-toothed nancies, but you take it in your stride and laugh. I guess the key is not to take oneself so seriously.

But do you get the feeling that, deep down, the writers really do dislike you as a person despite the fact that you've never met?

But do you get the feeling that, deep down, the writers really do dislike you as a person despite the fact that you've never met?
No.

And if they did genuinely hate us Americans, there's worse things I'd rather be worrying about than a bunch of random toffs who still haven't forgotten the War of 1812. Seriously, get over it. How does Top Gear's America-bashing actually affect your life or the lives of any other Americans?

:rolleyes:

swek, don't drag us down with the rest of them. ;)

So true. What really bugs me when, after a particular episode, I read from some American the extent of "Boy, our country really DOES suck". Some just buy into it hook, line and sinker! I must admit I have on occasions, stupidly. But I am naive.

Oh come on, it's true to an extent. American car makers are teh suck.

Chrysler is only propped up by fleet sales, Ford can't do one thing right PERIOD. Dodge is slowly heading that way. The General is 50/50, and Toyota bitch slapped the Americans in terms of sales in many sectors!!

Many American car makers have no intro Tuner cars; Chevy has the Colbalt and has the trio of small concept cars they showed at NY (The Aveo doesn't count). Dodge stupidly axed the Neon/SRT-4 for the Nitro. And Ford is too busy building the 998th variant of the Ford Mustang. I think their on the "Homage to the Mustang II Era" right now.

Japan has done at least marginally better than the Americans. Toyota jump-started Scion, and in a surprising twist, the xB became a hit. Honda introduces the S2000, and those sell pretty well. Nissan sells the 350Z and Infiniti sells the G35, in small part to the Skyline and Z-car nameplates. Heck, Subaru and Mitsubishi proves you can sell an AWD Sedan with decent HP on the cheap (Ya listening Ford?).

swek, don't drag us down with the rest of them. ;)

I'm trying man but some of your fellow countrymen don't make it easy.

Strangely enough there has been exactly one "Does Clarkson hate the Germans?" thread on Finalgear. And that one got started by a Canadian. :lol:

I for one am an American who will take a joke about myself or my country in stride. Yeah it sucks we are the subject of ridicule but how often are Americans bashing Mexicans, anything or anyone in the middle east, the French, Canadians?

Americans are too sensitive.
No, just the ones with Daddy issues. See the ones bitching like MattD1zzl3 more than likely had someone leave them early in their childhood, either his mom or dad. These kinds of people strive for acceptance, usually in places thats nearly impossible.

They tend to come from middle class homes that haven't had to deal with any real problems so the only thing they can bitch about is "some guy on a tv show not shown in (or funded by) the US is bashing us, they need to stop or I'm gonna write a letter on a forum and go cry in a corner!"

Many of us will know them by another term... emo.

MattD1zzl3 said:

Grow some balls and stop pitying yourself. It's a damn TV show, a British one at that. The Brits (at least the "upper class") have always struck me as being quite arrogant anyhow.

edit: Blaro Thanks for quoting him. This one is quite pathetic.

Last edited: