Australian ISP's.... need help choosing a new one

Keeping in-line with this topic, I've been meaning to change from Telstra's 10gb 'Unlimited' Cable plan for ages and have since been monitoring TPG for the deal they've made available:

ADSL2+ Super $69.99 150GB~

~ Consists of 40GB peak (7am?1am) and 110GB off peak (1am-7am local time) download quota. Speed will be throttled to 64k/64k for the period in which the download quota has been exceeded (peak and/or off peak) until the start of the next billing month.

http://www.tpg.com.au/products_services/adsl_pricing.php?type=residential&check=number

Any thoughts?

When I run a ftpd I can upload at around 100kb/s with my netspace ADSL2+ con, I live over 5km+ from the exchange

Keeping in-line with this topic, I've been meaning to change from Telstra's 10gb 'Unlimited' Cable plan for ages and have since been monitoring TPG for the deal they've made available:

http://www.tpg.com.au/products_services/adsl_pricing.php?type=residential&check=number

Any thoughts?

I looked at TPG too, but there were lots of negative comments from people on Whirlpool about poor speeds and modems losing sync - although this was mostly in Sydney, where it appears that they are pretty heavily utilised (perhaps over-utilised). My advice would be to proceed with caution; there's a reason why they're significantly cheaper than their competitors like iiNet and Internode.

Yeah, there are times when my internet connection through TPG is really shitty. I also feel that TPG will pull a Internode one of these days though not quite sure.

Yeah, there are times when my internet connection through TPG is really shitty. I also feel that TPG will pull a Internode one of these days though not quite sure.

TPG have pulled an "internode" many times in the past, they use to offer a really good plan a few years back then yanked it after 3 months and forced people off it.

I looked at TPG too, but there were lots of negative comments from people on Whirlpool about poor speeds and modems losing sync - although this was mostly in Sydney, where it appears that they are pretty heavily utilised (perhaps over-utilised). My advice would be to proceed with caution; there's a reason why they're significantly cheaper than their competitors like iiNet and Internode.

cringepool/whingepool is crap anyway, it's a bunch of 13 year olds who have no idea what they're talking about

cringepool/whingepool is crap anyway, it's a bunch of 13 year olds who have no idea what they're talking about

I'm not so sure about that. Sure, there's lots of stupid "how does i connecx to teh interwebs" and "my downloadz are running slow what can i do?" questions, but it's just like any other forum: some people are really useful and knowledgeable.

must be a Sydney thing, my connection is top notch... never had a problem, don't think I've called tech support since I got onto the connection.

most problems relating to TPG have to do with the shitty modems they supply, buy your own and your fine