BTCC : Has anyone noticed?

MadCow809

Forum Addict
Has anyone noticed that Jason Plato has been winning quite a bit in the BTCC with his Seat. Ive just downloaded a few of the latest btcc eps to watch, and it looks like plato is quite well.

are there any hardcore btcc fans there might want to share something?

Plato is currently on top and he has had a remarkable season so far. Him and Fabrizio are going to go right to the end fighting.

Went to Knockhill on Sunday just there to see him... Seems to be doing well - pretty good driver in his Seat. Some piccies:

100_1939Large.jpg

100_1944Large.jpg

100_1958Large.jpg

100_1965Large.jpg

100_1984Large.jpg

100_1992Large.jpg

100_1999Large.jpg

100_2000Large.jpg

Went to Knockhill on Sunday just there to see him... Seems to be doing well - pretty good driver in his Seat. Some piccies:

100_1965Large.jpg

I span out on that very corner on a trackday a week and a bit ago; it was embarrassing.

Nice pics!

Is he a regular season driver? If so it's amazing how he can fit a full racing career in to his Fifth Gear schedule.

Great photos. Where in Scotland is Knockhill?

Is he a regular season driver? If so it's amazing how he can fit a full racing career in to his Fifth Gear schedule.

Yes he is. He competes in the BTCC as a full time driver.

Great photos. Where in Scotland is Knockhill?

It's 5 milesish from Dunfermline, maybe half an hour's drive from Edinburgh? It's an hour and 15 minutes from Glasgow. There're some great driving roads surrounding the circuit too, only problem being police speed traps on race days.

Really off topic, but I noticed people dressing like it was October. Is it really that cold at this time of year, or just unseasonable?

Reason why is I would like to visit Scotland after everyone takes their holidays and kids are back in school.

Really off topic, but I noticed people dressing like it was October. Is it really that cold at this time of year, or just unseasonable?

Reason why is I would like to visit Scotland after everyone takes their holidays and kids are back in school.

It's a high altitude track, it's often said that;
"If you can't see the top of the hill from the circuit it means it's raining. If you can see the top of the hill from the circuit it means it's about to rain ...".

Those are the only two weather states :)

What a freaking awesome track Knockhill is. Plato is a great steerer, possibly not as good as he thinks he is though.

I'm a big BTCC fan, but I have to say it's not nearly as exciting as during the 80's and 90's. If you ever get the chance to watch the races from the late eighties with the Sierra Cosworths and commentating by Murray Walker, do it!

he is a full time BTCC racer, been doing it for quite a few years.

Brilliant driver he is, im trying to get more BTCC videos from the net, much more interesting than F1 IMO.

madcow try racing-underground.com

Thanks mate, thats where i normally get my BTCC/WRC/F1 stuff : )

btw, Knockhill was a brilliant, im glad to see that Jason Plato pulled a slight gap on Fabrizio Giovanadi. Its down to the final few races, and i think Plato has a good chance of taking the championship this year. :D Having said that, Fabrizio Giovanadi put up a good fight with Plato, and showed the crowd his excellent car control, best of luck for his future rally career : )

What a freaking awesome track Knockhill is. Plato is a great steerer, possibly not as good as he thinks he is though.

lol. maybe, but i guess being pompous does give you a good self-confidence, which is why Tiff, Clarkson and Plato are all quite arrogant.

Last edited: