Lens Flair

1315342488_1e8d88156c_o.jpg

again shot with the ickle canon SD400, max ISO and hand held!

flamingice...

that shot is amazing.

love, love love it!@#

Thanks! That shot actually got to #4 on Flickr's Explore for that day, I was pretty pleased with that! I think I'll get a print made of it sometime.

There's been some nice photos posted here lately! I seem to be permanently busy, either travelling or working. I've got a backlog of nearly 1000 photos to go through, but no time to do so! Here's one from 2 weeks ago:

http://img509.imageshack.**/img509/5902/img8063copynb5.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Nice subject, but I'd watch your focus, it seems a bit soft to me.

:) The lighting was a bit bad so it was taken at 1/15.
Took a few more the other day.
DSC0097.JPG

Cats are funny when makin teh secs

Merete: I am really digging the flower pictures.

zenkidori Leopards are so irritable it is amazing that they exist at all! Nice pics on this page - like the Bimmer RedBarron - surreal.

they were making crazy noises too, purring(which sounds wicked), growling, screaming, whatever. there were little kids there(naturally) and some little girl next to me was saying, "they're mean, look mommy, they're fighting" and her mom just kinda chuckled, and I said, "no, that's just a Leopard hug". Her mom could barely keep from busting out laughing. :lol:

looks like you caught him blowing his load.....look at the grin on his face!

heh, thats a pretty intimidating 'O' face.

1366134083_74e6eaa4d5_o.jpg

HDR

i had to tone the landscape down with some selective saturation adjustments becuase it was just horrible.

i know what you mean about the sky, it seems to make every shot look like theres an impending hurricane or something when actually it was a really nice sunny day.

indeed. I took some stepped exposures on a hike for some HDR goodness, but I gave up because the sky looked so shitty. I was just about to layer the sky from the proper exposure on top but said fuck it.

indeed. I took some stepped exposures on a hike for some HDR goodness, but I gave up because the sky looked so shitty. I was just about to layer the sky from the proper exposure on top but said fuck it.

i think what does it is the tone mapping because in CS2 when you do HDR's there is no tone mapping (unless you get the plug in).

in DPHDR and Photomatix, their HDR's look really washed out until ou apply the tone mapping, but in CS2 you get a really nice subtle effect that looks very natural. almost looks like a standard shot but it just has more colours and more light (but without washing it out

perhaps you can try that? see if you like it?

yeah I've been noticing that, I've been playing with photomatix recently and I'm kinda lukewarm on it. it's easier but I like the more natural results of CS2, probably go back to that.