The Melbourne Meetup Thread - 14th of October > Yarra Valley and the Spurs

The big jumbo pano (be careful if you try to download it - around 5mb of image)

208477777-L.jpg

I averaged 11.6L/100km and 60km/h. Not bad for 190kW and a fair amount of (but not nearly enough) hammering. :)

edit: Oh, and I found a 4-inch bolt in my back tyre this morning. Would have been interesting to lose a tyre on those corners!

Last edited:
I averaged 0L/100km and a 0kph average. Woohoo, fuel economy to the max! :lol:

by shear coincidence the Honda F1 racing team manages that in most GP races :p

(Sorry but I had to say it)

Last edited:
ahahah owned! :lmao:

HondaF1: :comfort:

by shear coincidence the Honda F1 racing team manages that in most GP races :p

(Sorry but I had to say it)

:p Well we are the most environmentally friendly motorsport team!!

^yea... I was right behind you and you braked, I was like okay... I'll brake a little as well since the corner is coming up, then I saw your hazards come on and I see a bunch of cars piled up on the opposite lane, I then go holy crap and jump on the brakes. That guy was such an idiot, even stopping there would have been really dangerous, let alone reverse. Anyone know what he was doing?

And that was a pretty dangerous corner.. I think most of us were at *cough*100kph... the straight was pretty long.

Last edited:
did anyone catch what that rusted up bomb towing a motorbike that had the most ridiculously cool noise ever from its engine was?
its things like that which brighten up my day. :)
just so it can be ruined by that asshat in the blue VE Omega on the black spur:blowup:
60Kmh the whole way through :cry:

did anyone catch what that rusted up bomb towing a motorbike that had the most ridiculously cool noise ever from its engine was?
its things like that which brighten up my day. :)

It was a Cressida - and I want it. Sleeper of the highest order.

John, those pics are awesome! The Civic pic belongs in the Honda brochure. :p

Could be a V8, could be selective holes in the muffler. :lol: I expected it to haul ass a bit quicker from the noise though.

^Selective Holes in Muffler's makes any car sound cool :p

And JohnR... very nice pan shots, I can't decide which to put on my wallpaper now :lol:, the first one you took of my car or this one :lol:

beign a little greedy yet again, any chance of a high resolution copy of some of those (we can make a torrent and i'll seed it for everyone (I have 1mbit up))

That 4wd wasn't just reversing... it was in the middle of both lanes... so we couldnt even swerve around it.

Sam hit the skids, I figured I could stop quicker but wasn't sure about max et al behind me so limited my braking and pulled up in the lane next to sam, looked in rear view and everyone else did the same, basically half the cars went to one lane half went to the other.

I think probably everyone yelled their own little bit of abuse at that guy... lucky not to have caused a serious accident or worse a mass pileup...

John, those pics are awesome! The Civic pic belongs in the Honda brochure. :p

Those shots are actually dead simple to take with the right lens (a Canon lens needs Mode 2 image stabilisation). Here's one I took a while back in the La Trobe uni carpark...

385154659_8cb57d51d3.jpg