Who do you want to partner LH at McLaren?

Who do you want to partner LH at McLaren?

• Heikki Kovalainen

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Nico Rosberg

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Adrian Sutil

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Mark Webber

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • David Coulthard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ralf Schumacher

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Michael Schumacher

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Pedro de la Rosa

• Gary Paffett

• Bruno Spengler (DTM)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well clearly according to the recent Winter tests they are doing fairly well without his six tenths.

Ah, but they are his six tenths, cos its the 2007 car.

McLaren denies fresh Alonso talks

05 December 2007

McLaren has moved quickly to shoot down rumours started in Spain's AS daily sports newspaper that the team was in talks with Alonso about giving the Spaniard a one-year deal for 2008, with the same terms and conditions as before.

"McLaren is unaware of any current discussions with Fernando and/or his management," a McLaren spokesperson told GPUpdate.net

The reports suggest Alonso would only consider returning to McLaren if the team agreed in writing to a number of conditions, including allowing him to run his own race strategy apart from team mate Hamilton.

Source

Hiring Alonso again would be stupid. Obviously they won't....

It won't happen of course, but I think it would be funny...

Maybe they should resume talks...........just to shoot him down again. Ya know, kick dirt in the wounds and such. In all honesty, it does look very much like Alonso may not have a drive for next year. In further honesty, I wouldn't be at all bummed about that.

I do want them to announce soon who they will choose. I'm still rooting for Heiki, but it doesn't sound as likely now is I thought it originally. We'll probably have De La Rosa in there instead, despite his involvement in the scandal thing.

JH

I think Renault will have to take him back. If not, he's f***ed.