The Cheap Beer Thread

The high life and stones ftmfw.

There's also this DomesticViolenceInABottle.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/08/emu.jpg

We don't really have cheap cheap alcohol here as everything is taxed to buggery. I love how Jaegermeister over here is regarded as quality stuff, and costs $50 per bottle, but when I was over in Germany, they were selling bottles of the stuff for EUR4.99 at the local Kaufhaus.

I agree with fbc. VB is awful. And lets add Crown to that list, its undrinkable.

(Australia's finest my arse! That crown goes to Coopers Pale Ale)

Damn straight. VB is rubbish and Crown is VB in a fancy bottle that the Marketing people at CUB somehow get a bunch of knuckle dragging lowbrow degenerates to pay twice the price for so they think theyb look sophisticated when they're falling over themselves to piss the pants of their $89 Kelly Country "tuxedo" at the local B&S.

What we have at our infamous college parties up in Syracuse is Keystone Light:
Key or Natty Light seem to be the preferred party beers out here too. It's also probably the best stuff to do a "case race" with, having zero taste :lol:.

Gah, THE BEEEEAAAAASST was going to be my contribution to this thread! That shit is terrible!

oh memories....
Terrible memories, I couldn't drink beer or touch duct tape for 3 weeks :lmao:.

oldstyle705.jpg

Mmmm Old Style. Not really. But mix roughly 3 parts Old Style and 1 part pineapple juice and you've got a surprisingly delicious beverage.

My favorite cheap beer. Ice cold with some lime and salt. Not bad at all.

http://img469.imageshack.**/img469/6517/itemtecate6nk2.jpg

it gets you crazy crunk, mad fast.

We've seen the pics of what happens when you get crazy crunk, blake. That's just rong.

Reactions: TC
:jawdrop:

Store-brand beer...now I've truly seen everything. That looks fucking awful.

Tescos do several 'own-brand' beers - that is the cheapest one. Comes in 'bitter' and 'lager' flavours.

There will be slightly better and more expensive ones with a slightly less foul design, and then there might be 'tesco finest' beer.

Anyway, in Scotland it'd probably be :

can_tennents_lager_yellow.jpg

Tennents! Cheapest of all the 'brand name and not absolutely foul' beers, normally.

I'd like to reiterate the foulness of VB. Disgusting, don't do it.

Crown Lager is also equally as shit. Nothing special about it at all.

Goon and sherry FTW.

I'd like to reiterate the foulness of VB. Disgusting, don't do it.

Crown Lager is also equally as shit. Nothing special about it at all.

Goon and sherry FTW.

Crown lager is just VB thats been put through the hops once more.

My favorite cheap beer. Ice cold with some lime and salt. Not bad at all.

http://img469.imageshack.**/img469/6517/itemtecate6nk2.jpg

Tecate is very good for what it costs. It sucks living up here in New England now because most stores don't have Tecate and when they do it is way to expensive for what it is.

I haven't been able to find a picture of it yet but in Michigan they do sell Generic Beer that is just a plain silver can with BEER written on it in black lettering.

http://www.ratebeer.com/Brewers/Beer/Beer-Reviews-7987.h tm

When I was in college we usually got Coors light or Keystone light for our cheap beer.

I had better taste so I kept a couple of four packs of Guinness in the Fridge and would pour two of them into an extra large schooner glass so it would come up to proper temperature faster.

EDIT:

Found some pictures.

generic.jpg

large_IMG_0200.JPG

Last edited:
*ahem* Is this thing on? *taps mic* Testing? Testing? Oh, good.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Thank you, that is all.

A list of the Worst Beers in the World:

Top 10
  • Olde English 800 3.2
  • Busch NA
  • Black Label 11-11 Malt Liquor
  • General Generic Beer
  • Sleeman Clear
  • ODouls
  • Pabst NA
  • B-40 Bull Max
  • Gluek Stite Light Lager
  • Steelback Tango

Why is Keystone not on there?! :blink: I hate to think there's something more watered-down than that foul sewage piss. I poured some out in a glass the other day, thinking that if I enjoyed it properly like a pint of bitter or something, it would taste better...it didn't. And it had an unhealthy greenish-yellow tinge too, like the leftovers of a patient with an obscene kidney disease.

I'm glad I've never had the opportunity to try those in the Top 10, and how a good number of those on the list are non-alcoholic beer, a phrase no sane man should ever come across. All the watered-down fizzy lack of taste of regular cheap beer, but without the advantages of making you think you're a better breakdancer than you usually are! :rolleyes:

Hey, I like cheap beer. Of course, I'm not exactly a beer connoisseur. I think most beer tastes bad. That's why I like a cold cerveza with lime and salt. Until you're drunk enough anyway, then you really don't care what it tastes like.

Tecate is very good for what it costs. It sucks living up here in New England now because most stores don't have Tecate and when they do it is way to expensive for what it is.

Tecate is pretty popular around here. A 12pack, cans or bottles, is always $9 at most grocery stores. When it's on sale it's even cheaper. It's not the strongest stuff or the cheapest. If I want to get drunk faster, I buy Heineken. When I want even cheaper, I buy Miller High Life.

I don't drink any of this stuff now, but it's fun remembering the effluent you used to pour down your gullet all in the name of getting pierced.

That's why I don't drink domestic!

And if you want to get drunk, there are more efficient ways to do it than beer. I drink beer for the flavor and the food pairing - or, if it's dark enough I'll just have it as a meal.