Aston Martin Teams Up With Bang & Olufsen

I just see it as a very wasteful brand that overcharges consumers. I mean telephones should not cost $750. Any telephone will do the job. And if you're on the phone constantly like I am at work, a nice office phone or headset will be much nicer and more comfortable than an oddly shaped outrageously expensive phone.

And in regards to the TVs, B&O push the same plasmas that Sony, Panasonic, Samsung and the like do. The quality is better with the others yet they decide to charge thousands more. I figured maybe B&O had great quality but I've stared at one and compared it to the others thinking I would see a difference but I didn't even with an open mind.
So you'd say Ferrari is a wastefull brand that overchrages customers too, then? I know a lot of people who would say that about a Ferrari, because a Nissan GT-R or a Z06 offers the same kind of performance at 1/3 of the price. But, the fact is people want this kind of stuff, B&O sells lots more of their stuff than they are able to make, the same goes for Ferrari, so I would hardly call it wastefull. With B&O you pay for a product of great quality and design, you might get the former with the mentioned japanese brands, but not the latter.

Their phones are actually the most comfortable ones I have used, I mean who uses a headset at home? On top of that a B&O phone is an esthetic object, it's a beautifully sculptured design, something none of it's rivals are, they are all just the same cheap plasticky stuff. The same goes for B&O stereos, they are like beautifully crafted artfull sculptures filled with the best audio equipment there is. On picture quality the japanese lot might be up to the B&O standards, but on sound, they're not...

I love AMs and they've been known to be overpriced but if they were to team up with B&O it would just be a waste. AMs have made quality equipment without the help of them in the past and I sure don't think it will make a difference except add thousands of dollars to the tag.
No, Aston Martin wants to get the best audio system available, in a beautifully designed package, and that's what they'll get with B&O.

Audi, btw, has sold many times more than they hoped of their B&O stereo option.

Aston Olufsen?
Bang Martin?
Aston-Bang Martin Olufsen?
Aston, Olufsen, Martin, and Bang?

Aston-Martin-Bang-Olufsen?

I always thought they'd partner with Chitty-Chitty. :drums:

Last edited:
B&O in an Aston? Fine, but I'd have rather liked them to work together with one of the numerous domestic (British) companies - B&W's the first thing that popped into my mind for speakers for example.

B&O in an Aston? Fine, but I'd have rather liked them to work together with one of the numerous domestic (British) companies - B&W's the first thing that popped into my mind for speakers for example.

You can't look at cars like their British or German, so much of the manufacturing, design and parts come from other countries, if Aston thinks B&O will make the best sound system B&O will make it, not Paddy's Speakers Inc. Just because Paddy lives down the road.

You can't look at cars like their British or German, so much of the manufacturing, design and parts come from other countries, if Aston thinks B&O will make the best sound system B&O will make it, not Paddy's Speakers Inc. Just because Paddy lives down the road.
I doubt that you will find some only local UK company with the abbreviation of Inc ;), but I get your point. Luxury and quality should go with luxury and quality, both companies have a name to lose, so they cannot settle for less than the best!!

No offense, but B&W's not any brand in the world of speaker components - although B&O might have a greater experience at the moment due to the systems they made with Audi.

Actually, the standard audio system in the Audi A8 is a Bose system, whereas the premium sound system is Bang & Olufsen, there must obviously be a reason for that.

Bowlers & Wilkins, by the way are now delivering the premium sound system to Jaguar, who used to have Alpine.

Well, the DB9 was designed by a dane.. :p
I think the top priority for Aston in chosing who to make their stereo, was who made the best designs. Not who has the best quality sound. Because a lot of companys make great sounding stereos, not a whole lot makes beautiful stereos. B&O has it all, great design and quality.

Clarkson recently wrote a review of the Phaeton on http://driving.timesonline.co.uk where he praised Danish design - so he's probably pretty satisfied with this deal.. :D

B&O make some good stuff but they also have generated some pure shit over the years (no offence dk, I know you work there :p)

Hehe, and I've known about this for quite a while too :p

Audi and Aston Martin would not use them if they made... Expensive crap.

We also make the i-drive and the thing under the door for the x3 and x5 :D