I Am Legend

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
I Am Legend
http://img95.imageshack.**/img95/3788/iamlegendteaserkw0.jpg
Robert Neville (Will Smith) is a brilliant scientist, but even he could not contain the terrible virus that was unstoppable, incurable?and manmade. Somehow immune, Neville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City?and maybe the world. But he is not alone. He is surrounded by ?the Infected??victims of the plague who have mutated into carnivorous beings who can only exist in the dark and who will devour or infect anyone or anything in their path. For three years, Neville has spent his days scavenging for food and supplies and faithfully sending out radio messages, desperate to find any other survivors who might be out there. All the while, the Infected lurk in the shadows, watching Neville?s every move, waiting for him to make a fatal mistake. Perhaps mankind?s last, best hope, Neville is driven by only one remaining mission: to find a way to reverse the effects of the virus using his own immune blood. But his blood is also what The Infected hunt, and Neville knows he is outnumbered and quickly running out of time.

Trailer(various sizes): http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/iamlegend/
Trailer(HD): http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/iamlegend/hd/

Yes, I know about the book and I don't care. This looks like it is going to kick some serious ass.

He's driving a GT500. I'll watch it.

Re-post make!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067525/

Will Smith is Charlton Heston!
This is a remake of the 1971 Omega Man. He should be immune because he was carrying an experimental vaccine when his helicopter pilot succumbed to the disease and crashed. Neville was able to get to the case and inject himself with last of the untested formula

Last edited:
just saw the preview a couple of hours ago before Ocean's 13.

I thought it was Independence Day 2 at first :lol:

Will Smith: west Philadelphia born and raised...

we always go see his movies, I'm down.

bump, i can't believe there no discussion thread on the movie yet.

Saw it this weekend, it was an alright movie, not fantastic. If it was not based on a book, i'd say decent but recycled plot from other modern zombie movies like 28 days later.

Since it is based on a novella, and knowing how the original plot went, the book was a great example of literary irony, the movie takes the story in a different direction and as a result, the name of the movie doesnt make as much sense.

I thought it was alright. That vault scene was a scary bit.

I saw it, thought it was alright, thought the GT500 scene was way too gratuitous.

I saw it, thought it was alright, thought the GT500 scene was way too gratuitous.

the product placement in that movie (including Ford) was pretty blatant. even with other WB properties (like Shrek, and the fake Batman/Superman movie, due out in 5/2010)

See, I didn't mind that he drove a Ford SUV, because that vehicle seems useful. But why go hunting in a GT500? That just made no sense at all.

Saw it on Friday, it was good. But, it was short only about an hour and a half long, seems like they could of fit more cool stuff in it. I'd say it's worth the ticket.

It's a relatively good popcorn flick,
but there's absolutely no reason to name it "I am Legend",
because the screenwriter Akiva Goldsman ( I Robot, Batman & Robin )
decided to scrap 90% of the book, and substituted it for a lot of formulaic
stuff we've already seen numerous times in films.

So, ironically, the 1954 book is much more original than the formulaic 2007 movie.

So is it worth seeing?
Definitely.

I think the thing I liked most about it was that it wasn't a horror film setup. The monsters were scary, but weren't like "I'm gonna shit myself" scary.

7 or 8 outta 10.

On a side note:

* Anyone know what Bob Marley CD that was? Was it a best of or what? I wanna get it. hehe

* I'm feeling really alone right now after watching this. I'm the only one in the house and haven't seen much of anyone in days. :/

Last edited:
It's called "I am Legend" because he found the cure to the virus establishing his "Legend"

Well, that's a spoiler.

Anyway, I was referring to the original 1954. book "I am Legend",
where Neville is the last human on earth, there are no other survivors and immune people,
he's all that remains of humanity, and he's slowly losing his mind.

The infected are mostly mindless zombies, but some of them actually regain their senses
and form a sort of post-apocalyptic society... but Neville keeps killing them during daytime.

His wife and child didn't die in some lame helicopter crash,
IIRC his wife turned into a vampire and his child died from the infection.

After a lot of attempts by luring him with beautiful women, the intelligent zombies capture Neville and sentence him to death.

In his last few moments alive, Neville realizes that he's what all the vampires fear,
he's the lonely monster, the boogeyman. With his last breath, he realizes that
the vampires have become the new race to dominate the planet,
and he, Neville, is the legend.

IMHO, the original book has a more interesting and unique ending,
while the Will Smith movie ends like "Armageddon" or some other generic action crap
like that.

Last edited by a moderator: