Your Country Automotive Competitions

Sphiunx

Car(s)
RX-7 FD-93, AE86 SR20DE powered ;)
At this post yo can tell everyone a little about the automotive race that are hold on your country.

At Costa Rica we only have one race track at this moment but there are some proyects to build a new. The one the that we have now is called "La Guacima" and it is a very technical circuit. It has a lenght of 3.000 meters and 12 corners, here is one photo,

http://img123.imageshack.**/img123/7545/mapaguacima2005xr2.gif

There are 5 Categories:

TS 1: Touring Series, production cars from 1600c.c. to 2000 c.c.
TS 2: Touring Series, Production cars from 1c.c. to 1599 c.c
GT3b: Non supercharged engines from 1c.c. to 2500 c.c
GT3a: 2501c.c. to 3800c.c
GT1 : 3800c.c. to 8000c.c

The bests cars at the GT1 are a Toyota Supra wich has a Toyota Camry Nascar carburated engine with 800hp, a Nissan Tiida also known as Nissan Versa; it has an SR20DET engine tunned by Nismo and Jun, a tubular Chasis.

http://img141.imageshack.**/img141/3271/imge369vc4.jpg

http://img136.imageshack.**/img136/3370/imge349vb0.jpg

http://img136.imageshack.**/img136/8761/imge366xu2.jpg

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=RwRnYkCbMlA[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Nice track!!! Here is Australia we have heaps and heaps of different categories. Formula Holden (like F3000), Formula Ford, Production categories, National rally championships etc. etc. etc.

The main one is V8 supercars though. Control spec race cars based on your average family sedan body. 1350kg, 650hp+, rear wheel drive, H gate manual gearboxes. Good series.

US has more series than basically anywhere else. SCCA, NASCAR, Trans-Am, Speed world challenge, ALMS, Busch, craftsman trucks, ARCA, etc...

US has more series than basically anywhere else. SCCA, NASCAR, Trans-Am, Speed world challenge, ALMS, Busch, craftsman trucks, ARCA, etc...

Speed World Challenge is SCCA
Busch, Craftsman Trucks are NASCAR
I think Trans-Am is now defunct.
ARCA use to be known as ASA "American Speed Association" and is a lower tier stock car series, a little more televised feeder series for NASCAR than NASCAR's own short track weekly series(es).

World of Outlaws/World Racing Group runs sprint cars and Late Models (NASCAR also runs Late Models in their Dodge Weekly Series)
Grand Am is becoming a popular road racing series, and includes the Koni Challenge.
ALMS is where Audi ran it's R8 and R10 before taking on LeMans.
Champ Car racing and it's oval running cousin IRL are our top teir open wheeled organizations (though both have serious problems).
Star Mazda, Formula Atlantic are feeder series for Champ/IRL/F1

CORR - Championship Off-Road Racing (Baja/Dakar trucks)
NHRA/IHRA - Drag Racing at its best

I hope you get the idea, because I'm tired and really need to get some sleep. There are a lot, though a lot are really Grassroots at best, or just another entry to a larger entity. Stuff like SCCA and NASCAR really tend to have many racing series (kinda like the FIA) under their belts that vary slightly in how they run.

ARCA use to be known as ASA "American Speed Association" and is a lower tier stock car series, a little more televised feeder series for NASCAR than NASCAR's own short track weekly series(es).

no it never was ASA. ASA was a totally different series. ARCA has been around since 1953 while the ASA was around since the late 60's. Mark Martin along with Rusty Wallace cut their teeth for big time stock car racing in ASA back in the late 70's and early 80's. in 2004, the ASA had to shut down because of financial issues. most of the ASA divisions were sold off to interests and former owners.

Thats really interesting because each country have different forms of clasifing each categories, a didn?t new that much about US competitions, I only knew about Nascar and another one where lots of Porshes run. Maybe each person that post in here could post images and some data about their state or their country tracks, and cars.

no it never was ASA. ASA was a totally different series. ARCA has been around since 1953 while the ASA was around since the late 60's. Mark Martin along with Rusty Wallace cut their teeth for big time stock car racing in ASA back in the late 70's and early 80's. in 2004, the ASA had to shut down because of financial issues. most of the ASA divisions were sold off to interests and former owners.

Ah didn't realize that. I remember seeing a good amount of ASA races on Speedvision, and then recently saw ARCA being shown, and thought the two were the same.

Germany... well we have so many small series going on around here that I wouldn?t know where to start...

The best series (imho) we have is the VLN, which is basically a set of endurance races that all take place on the N?rburgring, ie Nordschleife + GP-circuit, but each race is run by a different motorsport organisation. The 24 hr race is also part of this series. The cars range from cheaply built classic minis to totally over-engineered sportscars along the lines of 911s and M3s, with the odd Lambo or Aston every once in a while...

edit: 500 posts, jesus, I need to spend less time on internet boards...

UK has a few...

BTCC
British F3
Formula Ford
British round of the FIA GT
British Grand Prix
British GT
Carrera Cup GB
British round of the WTCC
Rally GB (Wales :p)

Thats all i can think of now.

Swedens most popular motorsport is rallying. There are loads and loads of rallies going on all around the country, with the top of the line obviously is the Swedish Rally. There's basically an event every weekend of the year all year round at different locations in the country.

Racing wise the biggest competion is the STCC. They also have som support classes (Radical, Clio Cup, Camaro Cup and Carrera Cup)
Then there are lots and lots of smaller competions, ranging from low cost entry level to highly tuned sportscars. Too many to list.