Best of Top Gear Censorship 13th Jan 2008

Elomin

This episode is taking place while I write and I can't understand why they censored James smoking. There were a few letters from viewers who watch to get angry but no one in the crowd complained and the presenters were smoking herbal mixtures from what I know. They even censored some of the crowd and I thought it was something was wrong with them but realised they were censoring every bit of smoke-that's a bit of over kill. Anyone else think it's a bit stupid?

Its probably a joke... though I haven't seen it myself yet

I just saw that! My wife and I were rolling with laughter about it! Still the BBC will get yet more complaints if they are seen not to act - there are some very sad people in the UK I'm afraid.

It's not a joke - The BBC are responsible for the censorship, not the TG production crew.

My favorite "censor" moments are when the guest is driving the reasonably-priced-car, says "oh <beep>", and Clarkson goes, "wot?" :lol:

What if everyone on this forum wrote to the bbc complaining about the actual censorship? If we all do it, i think we'll outnumber the actual twats that complained in the first place, they can't ignore all of us!

What if everyone on this forum wrote to the bbc complaining about the actual censorship? If we all do it, i think we'll outnumber the actual twats that complained in the first place, they can't ignore all of us!

And then the BBC will stop airing it, or something equally stupid like it goes out at 2am :rolleyes:

I just saw that! My wife and I were rolling with laughter about it! Still the BBC will get yet more complaints if they are seen not to act - there are some very sad people in the UK I'm afraid.

It's not a joke - The BBC are responsible for the censorship, not the TG production crew.

u mean
Code:
ken Livingston

i'm sorry, what?

how does the beeb censorship have anything to do with ken livingstone whatsoever?

None of us mentioned Ken Livingstone. Are you refering to the episode that came a week later when Clarkson brought out no smoking signs and said "It will be illegal to inhale the Mayor of London"?
Or are you inciting some possible political influence and so not to get harrassed changed Ken's name to the BBC?

Over analysis gone too far.

The only thing we need to note is the world is falling apart and we're stuck going down with it........ just let us have a laugh on the way down though.

A, um, friend of mine was watching some random soft-pr0n show, and they censored only the nipples, so it looked like the girls had no nipples! XD This is beaten however, by the censorship of smoking. I mean, what the fuck?

What the fuck? How does this produce any sort of positive result?

Smoking on TV isn't illegal, it's the fact it's indoors, so god knows what censorship is supposed to do.

Last edited:
Lol, I saw it, What a pathetic attempt at censoring. Honestly, why bother? It was pretty obvious.