Hot Hatches in the US?

Budgetwise... I might be able to go so high as $20k, however I was looking for something around $15k or so... From what I've seen the Cooper S runs around $17K and the SVT runs around $10K.

The cheaper the better, but quality counts as well, obviously, I'll pay more for more. The reason I posted was mostly to see if you could come up with any options I missed, like the '06 Golf GTi, I actually thought it cost more than it did... I'll keep an eye out for one.

I recommend the Mk V GTI over all. My brother has one and its brilliant.

Budgetwise... I might be able to go so high as $20k, however I was looking for something around $15k or so... From what I've seen the Cooper S runs around $17K and the SVT runs around $10K.

The cheaper the better, but quality counts as well, obviously, I'll pay more for more. The reason I posted was mostly to see if you could come up with any options I missed, like the '06 Golf GTi, I actually thought it cost more than it did... I'll keep an eye out for one.

For 20k looking for a fun stock car, I would get a 06 or 07 Civic si without a shadow of a doubt. Test drive one, and you'll know why.

Great video...:blink:

lol im just saying. :cool: For 10k the SVT is a very decent car. Pretty fun to i bet.

But ya gotta admit. its funny its kinda as fast as THIS: (thats what was in the vid)
02.oldsmobile.bravada.f34.500.jpg

BTW OP if we could get a price range, it would help out. If tis lower, im gonna side with everyone else and say the SVT focus.

lol im just saying. :cool: For 10k the SVT is a very decent car. Pretty fun to i bet.

But ya gotta admit. its funny its kinda as fast as THIS: (thats what was in the vid)
02.oldsmobile.bravada.f34.500.jpg

BTW OP if we could get a price range, it would help out. If tis lower, im gonna side with everyone else and say the SVT focus.

SVT lightning is your ticket if you want a fast truck, but the OP wanted a hot hatch.

SVT lightning is your ticket if you want a fast truck, but the OP wanted a hot hatch.

Yea. I was jsut doing another dumb random comparison :lol:.

But seriously, if you can live without a hot hatch (we dont have any real good ones here.) Look into a used G35. Very decent car for good prices.

Probably lower, we'll see though.

There was an SVT in really good shape I was looking at, but before I got a chance to go see it, it was sold. Most of the SVTs I've seen are closing on, or have passed 100,000 miles which is my only real problem with it. The Mini is lovely, but I guess it is a bit small... I don't know how often it's going to be too small though, and I'm lusting after it quite hard. In fact I have been since before it was released! :X

I don't like the new Civic, I drive my friends and it feels like I'm driving a boat or something... :( Fuck I wish America had nice small cars. I was also thinking about the Integra GSR and the Eclipse GSX but those are a bit older, and the GSR gets jacked all the time in LA. :(

I guess I'll go check out the Celica and RSX, thought they aren't really hatchbacks IMO.

If you're looking at the class, why not look at the Neon SRT4 and the Cobalt SS?

If you're looking at the class, why not look at the Neon SRT4 and the Cobalt SS?

Depends on how much he actually wants a hatch i guess, but the srt4 is pretty good.

A friend of mine has a basic 2003 neon, and I must warn you, the interior is some kind of crappy, if that matters to you.

Hey, does the US GTi look different from the Uk GTi? It looks like it's missing a body kit... :(

I know that the 06 gti's had taller springs and looked kinda dumb, but the 07s got the euro springs and look much better.

Your talking about cars with over 100k on the meter. I have to say that you probably could buy a nice used 300zx for the same price as the ford with high miles at it will look a damn site better. If price isn't an object then you have lots of choices tC's, mini's, shit get a BMW one tell us how it is. But if price is in the mix and your looking for reliable go for the neon or echo or focus or drive a mazda truck. With the mazda truck you have a small car with lots of load room behind you its like a mini with a tow rig on the back.

Your talking about cars with over 100k on the meter. I have to say that you probably could buy a nice used 300zx for the same price as the ford with high miles at it will look a damn site better. If price isn't an object then you have lots of choices tC's, mini's, shit get a BMW one tell us how it is. But if price is in the mix and your looking for reliable go for the neon or echo or focus or drive a mazda truck. With the mazda truck you have a small car with lots of load room behind you its like a mini with a tow rig on the back.

No.