Building a dream

Example of just how mean a Buick GN can be.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWZS5_g3OL4[/YOUTUBE]

And a Syclone.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9-xySskBCY[/YOUTUBE]

TYPHOON FTW

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=lA7mSLmXzS4[/youtube]

I'd do a sleeper build :)

Start by going out and finding my old 300D Benz. Loved that car to pieces!! It came in a lovely ugly-off-white-cream color.
Mercedes%20300D%2002.jpg

Then I'd add a Cummins crate diesel motor. I love the ping of diesel ignition, the smell of diesel in the morning. Ahhh....memories. But it would make the ultimate sleeper. Come on, who the f*ck would expect an '83 300D to have 550 lb/ft and 350 HP. :)

(picture isn't of my actual car)

If you bother to go a few pages behind, you'll see that's exactly one of my ideas! How come, someone likes this weird idea too! :lol:

I liked the Cummins thing... but I don't know the specs of the engine you have in mind. My initial idea would be a tweaked Mercedes Benz Sprinter engine with +/- 200hp. If I'm not wrong, it's a 4-cylinder with something around 3L .That's easy to find here. But the Cummins one would make a monstrous sleeper!

For a long time now I've thought about building a big diesel car like a few of you guys, but I wouldn't start with a Mercedes. Nope, I want to build an '81-'87 Monte Carlo with a Duramax diesel.

1987%20Monte%20Carlo.jpg

I actually prefer the base SC front end, but an SS would be fine. The body would be left stock. The car would be black, with black, 16"x8-10" American Racing AR767 wheels.

m767.jpg

The suspension would consist of the full compliment of Hotchkis parts, www.hotchkis.net/. Adjustable trailing arms, tubular A-Arms, sway bars, 12in disc brake system etc. I want it lowered by 1.5-2 inches, from the looks of things that may require some custom wound springs. And of course, polyurethane bushings throughout. The rear differential would be upgraded to a 12 bolt, limited slip, and geared to eat up highway miles like ... something that eats a lot of highway.

The engine would be a fairly new 6.6L Duramax V8. The newest ones make ~360hp/660lbft of torque, which (with a 5 speed manual) ought to keep the Monte moving pretty nicely :D. This thing would get great gas mileage, and probably run forever.

Last edited:
Car: 1968 Shelby GT500KR

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/01/GT.jpg

Build type: Clone/Restomod.

No one needs a backstory on these cars. The GT500KR is one of only two Mustang's I like the looks of, the other being the SVT Cobra. While well known for being fast, they were not very good at taking a corner or stopping.

Like the 69 Camaro, I'd get a brand new 67 Mustang fastback bodyshell from Dynacorn to start with. Out would come everything from under the car and in would go a Corvette C6 frame and suspension. The powerplant would probably be a new LS9 backed up by a 6 speed.

^Nice, GM engine in a mustang (thats not sarcasm)

I need to post some more dream projects *goes off searching for pics*

vw_samba1.jpg

One day I want to get a 1967 Volkswagen Samba Split Window and Restore it and put a cummins engine in it and tweak it up a bit, to keep up with traffic. If I manage to find one, and had the money I would be a Porsche Motor in it, and maybe one day turbo charge it. But for now it is just a dream.

1965 Oldsmobile Jetstar
https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/01/65OldsmobileJetstar.jpg

Do the rest of the details really matter? I think the only thing I'd really bother to do was give it a modern/much nicer interior, and perhaps an Audi V8 diesel, or BMW's 535d motor.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/01/hagertychevroletvega.jpg

1971 Chevy Vega, if I can find one :p
This thing would be a full body/chassis restoration complete with proper rust treatment and a simple but comfortable interior.
Engine would be the best streetable, naturally aspirated, ecotec still running balance shafts I can get in it.

It would be nothing particularly special to look at, but a car guy might see it with the hood open and find a lot of interesting little bits, mostly for improving the cars handling. It's essentially a 1970's, closed roof, Honda S2000.

Last edited:
^Nice, GM engine in a mustang (thats not sarcasm)

I need to post some more dream projects *goes off searching for pics*

You'd be surprised just how many Mustangs are running around out there with a Chevy under the hood, hell most Shelby clones use a GM small block.

you have got to be shitting me

not in the least. ever since i realized that they made a lada with nissan engine mounts and good steel I was totally interested. Hell, with enough cash (and the bribe), Arjun you could even fit an RB26DETT in there. That would be absolutely hilarious and it sort of fits in with this longterm fantasy I've had recently of purchasing a decommissioned IAF airfield and turning it into an ascari-style race paradise.

Car: 1970 Buick GSX Stage 1

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/01/70GSX20Front.jpg

Build type: Restomod.

One of my faves from the Muscle Car era. The Buick 455 in it was rated at 510tq, that's more than the mighty 426 Hemi of the day. Not only was this car just as fast as it's brothers, but it was more luxurious and insurance was a fraction of what it would be for a Hemi Cuda or GTO.

A normal 70 GS would be located and once again it'd be taken down to the frame for all new aftermarket suspension and stiffening. I'd then get my hands on a brand new all aluminum casting of the 455 block, a 4 speed manual with an overdrive unit.

The GSX only came in white or yellow with black stripes, mine would be painted black with white stripes and dual silver pinstripe outlining them.

Yes I know I have a thing for black, white, and silver. I just think that combonation looks great on any car if used right.

I have wanted to participate in this thread since it started but i am having a couple of problems.

First : choosing only one dream project. I'm sure i could spam this thread with all of my various vehicular dreams.

Second : condensing my reply into a manageable size. I'm also sure i could go on forever about incessant details.

More foreign car importation madness!

130_0605_02_z+1971_nissan_skyline_gtx_kpgc10+front_passenger_side_view.jpg

5 million yen is approximately $47,044.54; give or take a few additional grand in importation fees, THIS is entirely within my future budget. I'd probably keep it well-preserved to show car use, but that wouldn't stop me from driving the balls off it at the same time. No silly engine conversions here, yet. 8)

Well, better yet, so is THIS! Better get used to southpaw shifting. :drool:

Last edited:
You'd be surprised just how many Mustangs are running around out there with a Chevy under the hood, hell most Shelby clones use a GM small block.

If you mean shelby cobra's then maybe. But NOT shelby mustangs. The only thing better about GM engines is that they are cheaper. Ford engines can easily make as much power, be as reliable, and IMO they look alot better. Distributer makes more sense in the front!

I have wanted to participate in this thread since it started but i am having a couple of problems.

First : choosing only one dream project. I'm sure i could spam this thread with all of my various vehicular dreams.

Second : condensing my reply into a manageable size. I'm also sure i could go on forever about incessant details.

You're not limited to a single project. Go hog wild.

If you mean shelby cobra's then maybe. But NOT shelby mustangs. The only thing better about GM engines is that they are cheaper. Ford engines can easily make as much power, be as reliable, and IMO they look alot better. Distributer makes more sense in the front!

:roflmao:

take one Datsun 240Z

add VH45DE from the Q45

5speed from the Z32 TT

Front and rear suspension conversion (i believe you can do a S13 swap)

i want to keep the dash reasonably stock appearing

some nice wheels and tires

oh yeah 2 Turbos and some of the most amazing piping i have ever seen....

oh look someone already did it:

q45zpower_19rw1c.jpg

q45zpower_13rw1.jpg

q45zpower_20rw.jpg

q45zpower_07rw.jpg

q45zpower_01rw.jpg

q45zpower_4b.jpg

q45zpower_03rw.jpg

q45zpower_16rw.jpg

q45zpower_15rw.jpg

q45zpower_06rw.jpg

q45zpower_18.jpg

I'd love to build/buy one of these pups...

http://img160.imageshack.**/img160/2415/2002turboext1ul3.jpg

take one Datsun 240Z

add VH45DE from the Q45

5speed from the Z32 TT

Might I make a suggestion, this is your "dream" build so why not track down the Nissan VH IRL v8? You gotta admit it would be unique, and it's still built on at least some of the production v8 components.

I'd love to shove an oldsmobile IRL v8 into something, I just haven't decided what, and Falconer engines sells them with superchargers belting out 600hp for street use :thumbsup: