My new 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door

Thanks to all. I'm really loving this car... it feels so tiny compared to my Buick. This car, and the grille especially, look a lot better when you're in person. Meanwhile, driving is so much fun now :). I've grabbed a few pictures of the interior, so here we go. Sorry for the mismatched floormats; I'm using ones from an older car until I can get some rubber mats for the winter so I don't ruin my Ivory (tan) interior.

IMAGE_131.jpg

IMAGE_132.jpg

IMAGE_134.jpg

IMAGE_135.jpg

IMAGE_133.jpg

Reactions: TC
I hate cream coloured steering wheels. They always look weird and out of place! Nice car, but I would've gone for a deeper blue :p

I'm definitely going to join the Subaru club for my next car :)

You have a thing in your windscreen.

^ It's a radar detector. :p

I too would've gone for a darker interior. It's weird that Subaru does a beige dash and steering wheel. I know Lexus uses black trims regardless of seat and carpet colour.

Actually, I like to think my car looks like a prettier 1er :). I'm having more fun by the day driving the car. Stick shift > automatic, period. No questions asked.

Looks great. I wonder how the interior will be when it comes to getting dirty. That light color must show every spot and speck.

If you're afraid of getting your interior dirty, don't buy a Volvo S80 ;)
07VolvoS80.jpg

As long as OP isnt a pigfarmer by trade he'll be fine.

I see at least one of these everytime I go into town, and I must say, they're a very handsome car. I love it, might look into one when I'm a bit older and move away from home. That gauge cluster is awesome. :thumbsup: Any plans for some aftermarket wheels?

Good choice, have fun - you've just got to get on some private road/land and really make the 4wd system work for its keep some time.

I see at least one of these everytime I go into town, and I must say, they're a very handsome car. I love it, might look into one when I'm a bit older and move away from home. That gauge cluster is awesome. :thumbsup: Any plans for some aftermarket wheels?

Eventually I'm hoping to get aftermarket wheels, but right now, I have to get my rear brakes changed from drums to discs. Only then will I let myself get aftermarket wheels. I refuse to show off drums as if they were discs; I'm not some friggin' ricer, after all.

Good to know that your doing some tasteful mods, rather than ricing it up. Too bad the USDM Impreza doesn't have that low range lever thing. Do the USDM version have it on the manual version?

I don't think it comes with an low-range lever... if it does, they didn't point it out to me and I haven't found it yet. The only real beefs I have with the very base of the base is that they didn't include (even a mechanical version of their) hill holder feature on a manual car, making hill starts without the e-brake very scary for a new driver, and that it comes with rear discs. But other than those little things, I love the car so much. I'm almost out of the break-in period, so I can rev it a little more. I really do love how the car sounds, and I'm starting to get better at blipping the throttle on downshifts (not bad when you've been driving stick full time for about 3 or 4 weeks. I was out of the country for 11 days where I wasn't driving my car).

Well, I was poking around my dealer's website (they're an SPT dealer) to see if they had any parts up to price, and I saw they dealt in a little Prodrive, and had these wheels on sale for $147 a corner, no tyres. I was just wondering what everybody thought of them. They're 17s. I don't have the money for them yet, but I'm just speculating:
SFPLImage82197.gif

If anybody wants to PS that, it would be appreciated!

Need to cost up (Oh and check your insurance - can attract a increased premium (over here anyway)) otherwise they would look great. The interior looks a 'step up in quality' to me from the last models.

In addition, I received a reply back from SPT giving some baselines about when some factory performance parts will be available for my car. Lots are gonna be coming out really soon, so that's where my cash is gonna go first. Pretty wheels are secondary. When the parts are released, I'll let you know, as well as get some baseline numbers in terms of improvements they'll add. In the mean time, it was nice out today, so here are some pictures of my car with my good (ie not cameraphone) camera. Finally, a shot of the engine, and also of the XM my dad and I installed.

PICT3514.jpg

PICT3515.jpg

PICT3516.jpg

PICT3517.jpg

PICT3518.jpg

PICT3519.jpg

PICT3520.jpg

PICT3521.jpg

PICT3522.jpg

Congratulations man, I too used to drive a Century. God I hated that car with a passion, tho it did win in a collision battle against a Maxima ;)

In addition, I received a reply back from SPT giving some baselines about when some factory performance parts will be available for my car. Lots are gonna be coming out really soon, so that's where my cash is gonna go first. Pretty wheels are secondary. When the parts are released, I'll let you know, as well as get some baseline numbers in terms of improvements they'll add. In the mean time, it was nice out today, so here are some pictures of my car with my good (ie not cameraphone) camera. Finally, a shot of the engine, and also of the XM my dad and I installed.

PICT3514.jpg

PICT3515.jpg

PICT3516.jpg

PICT3517.jpg

PICT3518.jpg

PICT3519.jpg

PICT3520.jpg

PICT3521.jpg

PICT3522.jpg

Just a couple suggestions.

Your radar detector is going to be more effective if you place it higher up (kinda by the mirror)

You should debadge that thing as well. it would look sooo clean. :)

And how much more was the turbo version of this car?

^ I'm not sure about debadging but I would take off the dealer sticker. I hate when they put those on.

Also, how come the hood sits a bit high off the grille? Is that a safety thing?

The headlights look cool. Are they HIDs?