Visit to the factory floor

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Just to give you a bit of an idea what i'm involved with professionally. Actually, all i do all day is sit behind the pc and click away, but this the more interesting part. We design, engineer and produce hot mineral screens for asphalt plants. An asphalt plant, of course, produces asphalt concrete aka tarmac and the screen sits on the very top and separates the gravel that's brought from a gravel pit into fractions, specific percentage of which is then used to create the right mixture and presto, instant highways.

Off to the pics!

View of the factory from the outside.

1.jpg

Another production hall being built next to it.

2.jpg

Crappy panorama of the inside of the left hall.

1 of 4 20 tonne overhead cranes.

4.jpg

Weld, weld.

5.jpg

Weld weld.

6.jpg

Grind grind.

7.jpg

Grind grind.

8.jpg

Some of you may remember the technical drawing of this from the Lens Flair thread.

9.jpg

Finished product #1, size: Medium - 9500kg.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Extra ladder, handrail and front platform.

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

It's going to a fair in Modena so we had to sort out some *cough* security.

20.jpg

Finished product #2, size: Large - 12300kg. (we also make XL, XXL and XXXL - up to 20 tonnes)

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

The truck arrives.

26.jpg

And is promptly loaded.

27.jpg

28.jpg

And off it goes to Italy.

29.jpg

Last edited:
<3 Globetrotters. Interesting stuff you're involved in :).

btw, Carisma not in the lot?

That's just the factory, about 2 kms from our house/office. Dad drove that day. He's seen doing some transportation paperwork (CMR as it's called) on the boot lid of his Audi.

And here's my office... corner...

desk.jpg

Image borked :|

Hehe! Since i work at home, my workstation also doubles as my play....erm...station... This was taken in the afternoon or on a weekend (probably a weekend, since i just cleaned it XD)

Thanks for sharing! I absolutely love any kind of big industrial equipment and the more obscure it is the better. :)