London to pad lamposts so dumbass pedestrians don't hurt themselves.

Speaking as someone who occasionally walks into lampposts...

...what the hell? If there is one thing that you learn from walking into a lamppost, it's that IT HURTS LIKE HELL, and PEOPLE LAUGH AT YOU. If there's anything you learn from this, it's that it's bloody sore and you make sure you don't do it again in a hurry.

Next thing you know every piece of A4 paper in the UK will have to be fitted with protective rubber edges and a big warning on it saying "Warning : may cause paper cuts".

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/20080304/tuk-padding-to-protect-pedestrians-dba1618.html?eyesfrontidiot

You know, until now my comments about padding the entire city in foam rubber were a joke, a joke, pepole! But no, they had to go and take my wisecracks seriously and actually put padding on public works!

Here's a thought, let that idiot 10% of the population that walks into walls while texting learn the hard way and stop doing it!

Nanny State

Nanny State indeed. No matter if it's a non-for profit organization that actually does this.

What I say they do is they make a built-in warning on the cell-phones, whenever people text or read text messages. That way, when you sit with your eyes on your cell for too long, once every 5 seconds it flashes a message: "Watch where you're going, dumbass!"

oh, and seriously, I just clicked on your signature by mistake:
Blind Io has tricked you, and has eaten your brains! You have now joined the shambling, grey-skinned legions of the undead, along with everyone else who has ever visited this page.

Blind Io the zombie has eaten 219 brains. Yours was pretty mediocre.
:lmao: What the hell ... :lol: You have too much time on your hands.

Pfft - We've got CCTV for that, you can get fined for just looking funny and searched for "Suspicious behaviour" such as waiting for a train, but we've got to crack down on these train waiters, staying there, waiting, its not on! It must be stopped!

Get me the fuck out of this country - and fast!!!

While excellent for keeping tabs on you, CCTV isn't nearly as good at enforcing the idea that you're cattle.

The directory service involved uses these people as their advertising campaign. I think you can all judge the level of intelligence at that company for yourselves.

n118280.jpg

I think you're too obsessed with what the British do wrong and could do with some criticism or your own country. Just a thought.

He who sits in the glasshouse...

I think you're too obsessed with what the British do wrong and could do with some criticism or your own country. Just a thought.

He who sits in the glasshouse...

Swek, I don't go looking for these stories, I just happen across them. Anyway, there is more than enough criticism of the US to go around. You, and everyone else for that matter, are more than welcome to post whatever you like about the US. I have no illusions about this nation, hell, there are massive parts of it I never want to visit. Ever. I just assume stay in my little mountainous corner and let the rest of the US eat itself.

^^ No but thanks. I learned my lesson and tend to stay away from political debates on FG. It was just the ammount of "Nanny State" posts that got me going. Heck, there's even a Nanny State thread. As if England is the only nation with issues.

England isn't the only nation with issues like this, I bitch about it in the US all the time - especially in California.

^^ No but thanks. I learned my lesson and tend to stay away from political debates on FG. It was just the ammount of "Nanny State" posts that got me going. Heck, there's even a Nanny State thread. As if England is the only nation with issues.

I owe you a beer, and not one of those crappy watered down American ones either :lol:

Well that explains a lot. Good find.

Well, thank a reality check for small mercies. I was just planning my own death on seeing no future for the human race.

I was half expecting some crazy ass dude to start selling us Michelin Men outfits instead, fitted of course with a hands-free device and headset.....bluetooth naturally.

I shamelessly stole this picture from Donington I saw in the funny picture thread and I think it fits in perfectly with this topic. Maybe they should put these up along with the padding just to be extra careful.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/07/safety.jpg

Makes you think, doesn't it, that none of us were particularly surprised by this, and indeed believed it entirely genuine...

It's the UK. The most surveiled country on earth, the people who inhabit it are speaking FOR pc-shit. There's this candy bar in finland that's wrapped in a foil that has a drawing of a stereotypical black person on it. A british tourist saw one on a plane and was "insulted". They forced the manufacturer to change the wrapping.

After the US is done in Middle-East, they should bomb The UK. :|

After the US is done in Middle-East, they should bomb The UK. :|

As long as they don't pick one of the few weeks I'm there...

"REGIME CHANGE!"

http://img443.imageshack.**/img443/2977/bushyaycf6.jpg

Can you tell I'm bored?

Last edited: