2008 Malaysian Formula 1 Grand Prix

Good on Jarno Trulli, pulling that crap Toyota into 4th. I hope he can get on the podium this season.

LMAO :p That's hilarious...great new avatar ;D

Late comment, but I was offline for 2 days :)

2nd place for Kubica!!!!!

The best thing is that there are more competetive teams this season. I was surprised by Ferrari, I thought they would have problems with engines due to the heat, but everything went smooth and Kimi was far the best. Shame about Massa, who didn't manage to get points again. I still don't know what was the cause of his fault.

BMW finally set up good strategy for Robert, he was flawless and finished 2nd. Nick also did good job, he was unlucky at the start. 11 points for BMW is the best result so far.

Very good race for Heikki. Hamilton was slower than usualy on Sunday. I saw that he kept blocking front wheels when braking. Trulli managed to stay in front of him in his Toyota. That was great, Toyota finally cought good result.

I'm happy that Alonso and Webber got some points, it's promising for the next races.

I only just noticed that Heidfeld's fastest lap was a mere 0.2 seconds off Massa's pole position qulifying lap...that's a damn impressive time and lets yu know just how good the BMWs are. Granted it's not a race pace but in a single lap they're very close to the Ferraris and Maccas.

Very interesting article on TopGear.com. This is the consistency and shear awesome of Robert Kubica's first stint of 20 laps.
Polished performance

Posted by Bill Thomas at 12:45PM on Monday 31 March, 2008 5 Comments

Robert KubicaI'm going to spit some numbers at you and I hope you enjoy them. They are Robert Kubica's lap times from the Malaysian Grand Prix, from lap 2 to lap 20, his first stint.

He's a Polish BMW F1 driver, for those who don't follow the sport, and he's also one of the very best we've seen.

Here is a man who is absolutely at the top of his game. He is driving a very powerful and complicated car that's getting lighter as the fuel is used up.

He has a million opportunities to make mistakes around the Malaysian track, but it doesn't look like he's making any. He's just pushing as hard as the car will go, to the very limit of what's possible, with unbelievable consistency and speed.

This is what F1 is all about - getting so much performance out of the car on every lap that it's obvious he's pushing it as hard as it will go, that it wouldn't be physically capable of going any faster.

Here we go. Have a close look at them, look at the way his times drop as the car gets slightly lighter after each lap, look at the consistency measured in brief tenths and then know that we me mortals just aren't capable of this kind of work.

I look at these numbers and I am utterly overawed. They are so evocative to me, they almost bring a tear to my eye. I said almost. This is just wonderful driving. Look closely, now. Enjoy...

1:38.763, 1:38.518, 1:38.197, 1:38.136, 1:37.828, 1:37.705, 1:37.569, 1:37.452, 1:36.989, 1:36.957, 1:36.841, 1:36.770, 1:36.700, 1:36.576, 1:36.709, 1:36.258, 1:36.200, 1:36.103, 1:36.239.

^ That's inhuman driving, completely flawless.

Kubica never makes mistakes and never crashes... err, maybe except last years Canadian GP :p