Top Gear Season 1 Rips?

I am just wonders, where did you get the SBS rips from?

Thanks! I am downloading a couple to see if it would be worth redownloading all of Season 1 with the SBS rips.
See the previous page of this thread. It apparently is.

However, 95's FTP has a 90KB/sec cap, so it'll take you quite a while. I'll be torrenting them all up, so if you just wanna wait a couple weeks instead (although a couple weeks is obviously longer than ~12 hours) and download (and then seed! :p) via that, you can do that as well.

However, 95's FTP has a 90KB/sec cap, so it'll take you quite a while. I'll be torrenting them all up, so if you just wanna wait a couple weeks instead (although a couple weeks is obviously longer than ~12 hours) and download (and then seed! :p) via that, you can do that as well.
I think I will just wait for the torrents. I don't watch Season 1 much and it isnt much longer till the torrent will be up anyway. :tumbleweed:

The SBS rips are def. a lot better, and its proper 16:9 widescreen, I`m secretly hoping cpd will do season 2 and 3 has well :)

I think I will just wait for the torrents. I don't watch Season 1 much and it isnt much longer till the torrent will be up anyway. :tumbleweed:
Yeah, that's what I figured, so that's why I suggested it. ^_^

The SBS rips are def. a lot better, and its proper 16:9 widescreen, I`m secretly hoping cpd will do season 2 and 3 has well :)
Aren't we all! Hell, maybe even 4-5. Those early rips aren't the best quality either.

What really gets me wanting the SBS rips over the BBC Prime ones is the audio quality. On some of the worse episodes, it sounds like my speakers are about to explode, and the problem gets 10 times worse when I take is downstairs on my PS3.

Awesome!! Finally. :cool:

Great Idea Viper, I was still under the impression we have no good rips of 1x03 and 1x04... When the torrent is ready I'll download and seed long term.
Thanks allot for the rips cpd.

Great Idea Viper, I was still under the impression we have no good rips of 1x03 and 1x04... When the torrent is ready I'll download and seed long term.
Thanks allot for the rips cpd.

I got 1x04 in 350mb BBC. Good quality.

I really don't mind the 350 MB BBC Prime rips of series 1. It's ok that their missing a bit, but it's series 2 that needs to be updated with full rips (or close to full). The BBC Prime 350 MB rips don't include that "Greatest Car In The World" segment so they're all only like 45-55 minutes long. It was so stupid for the BBC to not include that segment in the repeats because they're basically full reviews of the contending cars (Mustang, LR Defender, etc). Other rips from other series have segments like "Greatest Driving Song Of All Time" and "Restoration Rip-off", which are pretty good, but not as good as GCITW. I heard they removed it from the repeats because the contest is over and they don't want to give out the phone number. The other segments are probably still included because they aren't BBC Prime rips.

BBC Prime Rips:
Series 1: 2-4 minutes short

Series 2: 5-15 minutes short

Series 3: 5-8 minutes short

Series 4 and up are almost full length (only 1-2 minutes short). Probably because they aren't BBC Prime rips.

So basically series 1-3 need to be replaced with fuller episodes. What do you think is missing from the episodes that are only a bit short (1-2 minutes)?

It depends if SBS screens them.

At this stage, when series 1 ends SBS will be showing repeats of series 8, then they will show series 10 for the first time.

At this stage, when series 1 ends SBS will be showing repeats of series 8, then they will show series 10 for the first time.
Fuck.

is there a topic or page about re-rips? because I don't really like the .wmv files of series 3 and 4

and I'll be waiting for those better quality rips torrent, thanks in advance Viper

If you read but 3 posts above before posting, you'd see that SBS doesn't plan to air any other seasons that we have crappy rips of.