SBS to show TopGear series 1

I know how you feel, the music is apart of Top Gear. But thanks anyway for the rips, they are awesome, and you deserve alot of credit for them. So plus 10 Billion for you sir.

Thank cpd. ;)

A quick thought - if the episodes are complete, and (exactly) the same as the Jabba's BBC2 rips, how hard would it be to redub BBC Two audio onto the SBS video? If someone could point me in the direction of the BBC2 rips, I'd give it a shot.

They aren't exactly the same (close though) and the audio bitrate on the Jabba rips is probably poor.

First up can I say thank you for ripping these shows and getting them uploaded for us all to enjoy.

I did rewatch the first series the other day and most of the music was just general music which they probaly didn't have to pay lots in royalists for like what you get now.

A quick thought - if the episodes are complete, and (exactly) the same as the Jabba's BBC2 rips, how hard would it be to redub BBC Two audio onto the SBS video? If someone could point me in the direction of the BBC2 rips, I'd give it a shot.

Yeah, I was thinking about doing this too. In fact, I originally said that in my other post before I edited it. Last night, I took a look at Jabba's 1 x 4 rip versus the SBS 1 x 4 rip and concluded that it could be redubbed. We would only need to redub the review segments and level off the audio.

If you want to give it a shot I'm willing to redub the episodes if we can find the Jabba rip to redub from. I got the 1 x 4 rip from Icebone's FTP but there was only two Jabba's rips there.

Also, thanks to all the people who put out the SBS rips.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was thinking about doing this too. In fact, I originally said that in my other post before I edited it. Last night, I took a look at Jabba's 1 x 4 rip versus the SBS 1 x 4 rip and concluded that it could be redubbed. We would only need to redub the review segments and level off the audio.

If you want to give it a shot I'm willing to redub the episodes if we can find the Jabba rip to redub from. I got the 1 x 4 rip from Icebone's FTP but there was only two Jabba's rips there.

Also, thanks to all the people who put out the SBS rips.

Did the SBS rips originally have adverts which were edited out? If so the sync would probably need adjusting after each set to bring it back in line. Unless you were just going to drop in the audio for the review sections and leave SBS studio audio (shouldn't be any music to replace with these bits).

Video wise the SBS rip looks original - runtime seems normal and if they've left the postal address bits in I guess they've left everything else in too. Good job guys!

Edit: Just looking at Jabba's 1x03, it's taken from UKTV Horizons, so it'll probably be missing the music too.

Last edited:
So you guys know.... I have several versions of the original BBC2 audio for all of the episodes, and I am currently working on editing and dubbing them onto these new rips. I am mixing between several audio tracks to get the best quality possible, de-clipping, remastering, etc.. whatever it takes to finally get these in good quality and as they first aired on BBC2.
They will finally have all the original intended music, and when done I will release them as the official rips to correspond with timecodes on the Season 1 song listings.

If they turn out good, I may just have to replace that season 1 torrent I released! :)

Apparently SBS will gain access to the rights to air series 2 later this year.

The first episode Vuk ripped for me back in the day was 3x02.

Before they showed series 9 for the first time, they repeated series 7 and the first three episodes of series 8. That would be why they are picking up with episode 4.;)

Ummm, no. All of series 8 was shown last year, and i know because i recorded them on video despite downloading them on the computer. They're just repeating them for some stupid reason. SBS needs be continuous and go to series 2 not go with series 8 which is what weve already seen, plus there's more on the current downloadable versions then those that were on tv last year.

Ummm, no. All of series 8 was shown last year, and i know because i recorded them on video despite downloading them on the computer. They're just repeating them for some stupid reason. SBS needs be continuous and go to series 2 not go with series 8 which is what weve already seen, plus there's more on the current downloadable versions then those that were on tv last year.

Yes, it was shown for the first time all the way through (around June/July), then series 7 (November/December) and the first three episodes of series 8 (December) were repeated before series 9 . Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I was the moderator of SBS's official Topgear forum before it closed down.

There is more on the current downloadable versions then those that were on tv last year because SBS shows the "international" version. Only the BBC gets to air the whole episode completely unedited.

As for SBS being continuous and going on with series 2, they don't get their hands on the rights to show series 2 until later in the year.

Last edited:
So you guys know.... I have several versions of the original BBC2 audio for all of the episodes, and I am currently working on editing and dubbing them onto these new rips. I am mixing between several audio tracks to get the best quality possible, de-clipping, remastering, etc.. whatever it takes to finally get these in good quality and as they first aired on BBC2.
They will finally have all the original intended music, and when done I will release them as the official rips to correspond with timecodes on the Season 1 song listings.

I was also entertaining the thought of redubbing the (review) audio onto the SBS video for series 1 - glad to see there are some people taking this up. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I have just spent yesterday and today watching the season 1 shows.

Thanks for making that possible.

I have really enjoyed them.

As for Jason. he really seemed to know a lot about what cars to look for to buy. I would like to talk to him the next time I am in the market. He wasn't a bad guy at all, but I just can't help being glad for whatever the reason was he was replaced by James May.

Whoever decided to add James was a pure genius. It was like bringing the Beatles together. You don't get that magic something often, but when you do, you know it. And whatever "IT" is, it happened with the addition of James to the top gear lineup.

Kudos to whoever is responsible for adding James. I think he really rounded the show out nicely and gave it that extra ump for what we enjoy today.

I also have to say I prefer the white stig to the black one. I think he has more style. But that's another season to go.

Whoever decided to add James was a pure genius. It was like bringing the Beatles together. You don't get that magic something often, but when you do, you know it. And whatever "IT" is, it happened with the addition of James to the top gear lineup.

Kudos to whoever is responsible for adding James. I think he really rounded the show out nicely and gave it that extra ump for what we enjoy today.

I agree with everything you've said here :D I love James, he's a brilliant addition to the TG3 family.

And the white stig = win.

Great, looking forward to see them. I hope you do the 700MB rips found on 95's FTP and not the 350MB since the 700MB rips are definetly the better quality :mrgreen: