[08x05] June 4th, 2006

Xeon SX said:
have you noticed theres a cute looking girl in a background during Gambon guy...

Yeah, there are a few cute looking girls around in the ep. But much more strangely/worryingly - I saw a couple of kids there at some point (can't remember which bit but when I rewatch it I can tell you).

Great Episode !!

The Jame's photography was hilarious (no penis ?) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hamster is still small, and it's very cool to hear the others said him some jokes about that...
Soccer match was funny too, lot's a destruction, I've liked it...

And the best, ever, Clarkson, a bit insane in this show, isn't he ? He had to take some coke or anything else :lol: :lol: Hyperactive animator, very funny :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BlitzR said:
Looks like Jame May is the fastest Top Gear presenter, on track that is.

and who would have thought that :lol: >>>Captain sloW<<<

Excellent episode - I loved Jezza's impression of a C5 news-girl, very funny. Gambon was entertaining and more James is a good thing. The C5 review was good, even though it's not a car I would consider getting.

A mate reckons the Prodrive "they wont build it" is to see how much driving enthusiasts kick up - if enough interest then they might. At 40K for that sort of performance, I see them shifting a fair few.

I loved the James driving thing. Awesome... But off course a bit Hollywood/TG style ending... Him doing the exact time he needs on the last run... Hmm...

Also, I rekon Hammond would be faster, remember that he has a Racing license... Those aren't that easy to get, at least in Germany... You have to know your way around a track pretty well...

Isn't Citroen french or is it owned by a german manufacturer.

it's French 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) (yes I'm proud of this) :lol:

Fun show. The Prodrive looked amazing. It's a shame it isn't in production. If it were, I'd still be a bit worried about all those extra "clever" bits breaking or running into problems like JC's experience with the GT. That wouldn't stop me from buying one though. It'd be a bit like owning an Alfa I suppose.

I wish there might have been a bit more substance in the James May/Jackie Stewart piece. I understand he didn't have much to say during the filming, but they could have had him voice-over it a bit more. Maybe go into a bit of detail on specific tips/techniques were given (aside from the philosophical bits they did share). I understand there's an entertainment aspect to the show they need to keep up to attract general audiences, but a few bits here and there for the would-be petrolheads might be nice.

Suppose they'll ever do anything with Top Gear Dog or is she just added garnish? I thought they might do a bit where they see how a car's interior would handle a pet. Like those Japanese cars they showed a while back with the big space in the dash for the dog.

I wonder if the Aygo/Fox football is as entertaining in person as it comes off on television. A new sport could be born.

Thought this was a really good ep, laughed my way through the news segment, loved the 3 camera thing and may and hammonds photos.

i felt all three of them looked a bit more at ease in the studio sections and they were not trying to hard to impress and it works so much better. It seemed more like the golden TG of series 4 and 5.

what's with captain slow's racing boots???
they look better on stirrups than on pedals!

I was pretty impressed with the TVR/Jackie Stewart segment. At first I was pretty skeptical - its not too tough to take a seasonably slow driver and take 20 seconds off their laptimes. But as your baseline time gets up there, it gets harder and harder to find a whole 20 seconds that you're wasting. It seemed like James was really starting to push through that wall, but still, it would be interesting to see that segment done again, only this time having Jackie take 20 seconds off of a novice BTCC driver's time.

Decent episode. The C6 part was boring imo. They compared the ride quality between a sporty 5 series and the C6 :?

The news segment and the other studio parts, :lmao: :lmao:

Loved pretty much everything, especially the Jackie Stewart bit and the Prodrive. :)