[09x06] March 4th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, if only he will get the horsepower and torque ratings correct, it will already be a huge improvement over the review of the GT500 in The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

Oh, damn, my time machine has worked, it's 2006!

Clarkie's been wrong many times before, but the moment he gives wrong information about a car made in the Ceptic States of Yankland, it's immediatly a huge problem, which needs to be pointed out at every possibility, just to make sure noone forgets it.

I'd like him to test a Shelby GT actually. I've heard good things about them and they're supposed to handle well. I STILL want to see them test the Saleen S7 (although the SSC Aero would be nice). I don't think they've ever mentioned the S7 which is odd since it's pretty prominent in the FIA GT series. How popular is the GT series in Europe? I know F1 is huge, but I don't hear anything about GT here.

Clarkie's been wrong many times before, but the moment he gives wrong information about a car made in the Ceptic States of Yankland, it's immediatly a huge problem, which needs to be pointed out at every possibility, just to make sure noone forgets it.

I didn't know time machines turned people into assholes. Who'd have guessed that?

I didn't know time machines turned people into assholes. Who'd have guessed that?

You shouldn't mess with us vikings:) Who'd have guessed that?

I am no asshole. Until I get about a pint of pure booz.

At that moment, I just pointed out how much it's mentioned. Assholes? How asshole?

Didn't know some people couldn't take critic, vait, I did know that. I'd have guessed that.

yeah i know

he gets alot of things wrong. even the Euro NCAP rating of the espace he busted with a train this week. that one was a 4 star not a 5 star which the latest one is.

thats different because its saying its better than it is, but hes gotten it t'other way round lots of times. i know the real deal so never usually make a big thing out of it...any car nut will know the basic facts about the car in question anyway because he/she will of read up on them

I am no asshole. Until I get about a pint of pure booz.

At that moment, I just pointed out how much it's mentioned. Assholes? How asshole?

Didn't know some people couldn't take critic, vait, I did know that. I'd have guessed that.

looks at ventura6's profile - american

i dont think its much of a secret that the americans are not always too good with being criticised. its just their mentality, they just work differently to us, doesnt make them anyworse but as self apointed world police and arguably the most powerful nation on the planet, they like to let people know the score, all the time and dont seem to like people suggesting the greatest nation on earth cant make something they have a firery passion about better than the europeans - the car.

i mean really it kinda sounds like theyre abit insecure at times, but in all honesty the US has given the world so much i really dont think they need to be like that.

i could say Chevy's are crap, and all they need to do is point to the SR-71 and the space shuttle and ill shut up

and if you watch overhaulin, the definately definately know how to do style. man some of those rides are sweet. and its nice to see they have their priorities right when it comes to the engines they use.

big, V8, no turbo or super....just displacement, and some of those engine builders make stunning looking engines, some are so nice i wouldnt want to hide it in a car!

Last edited:
looks at ventura6's profile - american

i dont think its much of a secret that the americans are not always too good with being criticised.

It isn't about me be American or the GT500 being an American car. And it certainly has nothing to do with me being anything but comfortable in my American skin. In TGTBTU, Clarkson tested the GT500, with basically 500 ft/lbs of torque and 500 horsepower. A trifecta of 500's, and only after that and a blatant lie about the V6 Mustang, did he misfigure the GT500. I felt like I was watching some amateur, as opposed to the eminent Jeremy Clarkson. A prime reason I brought it up was because this was such a big topic when TGTBTU came out last year, as opposed to all the "other mistakes" Jeremy makes, apparently often, which have largely gone ignored.

All I was trying to say in my original post is that I hoped Jeremy, if indeed he is testing the GT500, he gets the figures correct. Regarding assholes, had I lobbed some unprovoked insult in the general direction of the UK, or Jeremy himself, I would be the asshole. But I didn't; it was Nomix who decided to call a country Ceptic States of Yankland, making himself the asshole.

If you are not able to see the humor in 'CSY', I do feel pitty for you.

I won't mind if you call Norway a cold-hell-hole-of-taxes-and-cars-and-drunk-people.

Really, I don't care, it's just humor, even for a patriot like me.

Okay?

Bullshit. There's enough cars that can achieve greater speed before a corner than the car will actually be able to handle through the corner, but that's why they use a good driver, 'cause a good driver will keep that in mind, and break in time.

I'm bored of them testing American cars and I don't think they need to back there again (Although fun) there are more interesting places to go.. like Basingstoke :) Lets hope this is the last American car tested for a while!

I don't think this is the last episode in this season.

From the previews topgear.com had a long time ago in their galleries, they showed hammond in the renault F1 car, a man vs. car feature, and the train crashing into car feature. So there still might be one more episode in this season unless they decided to move these features to another later season or not use them like the hammond getting shot at feature.

Just add that to the list of stuff that you will never see on TG - like hammond being shot.

Its been stated from reputable sources that it is the last episode.:(

Kind af a anti-climacs, for the main car test, to end the series. With awesome supercars left to be featured like the 599 GTB and GT3 they end the series with a GT 500 ? :wall:

Kind af a anti-climacs, for the main car test, to end the series. With awesome supercars left to be featured like the 599 GTB and GT3 they end the series with a GT 500 ? :wall:

Agreed. This series was Supercar thin. Hell, it was car thin. :cry:

lol @ people thinking that american cars cant go around a track. thats just plain ignorance right there

head over to www.scca.com

where you will see many american cars *gasp* turning.

i predict the mustang will turn a pretty fast lap and do quite well. much like the z06.

Last edited:
No no no no. The Z06 is a sports car, it can go around bends. I have not seen anyone drive them, then saying "Oh my, they've put a saturn 5 rocket in an MX-5!".

The fact of the matter is, the Mustang i a muscle car, not a sports car. It's bad around bends, unlike the C6 and the C6 Z06.

My dad has a GT500 and I've driven it on several occasions. Trust me, it's a softy. But it's about as cool as cars get, and charisma shoots out of the exhaust pipes. It won't have a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.