[09x09] June 5th, 2006

I would love to take part in one of those record attempts. If you're lucky you might just get a really nice tight juicy bottom in front of your face.

Viper007Bond said:
As for the fuel, WTF? Why do so many Brits screw up? I mean, the damn thing is green and it's not like you're driving a different car each day. How hard can it be?

You have to bear in mind, unlike the US, something like 40% or 50% of all our cars are diesels, so they're much more common.

As such, at petrol stations there's a 2:1 ratio of petrol:diesel pumps, and generally no two petrol stations have petrol / diesel in the same place. They're confusing like that.

Now bear in mind you're an underpaid overworked photocopier salesman from Slough, with a 2 hour commute each way in your Vauxhall Vectra TDI. Your life sucks, you just want to go home and collapse in your bed, screw the wife [not literally], she can wait.

The last thing you're concentrating on is what you're shoving in the car.

It's more of a problem with rep saloons than any other type. Also remember if you've got a new car after however long with another, you're gonna [through habit] put the fuel of the old car into t'new 'un.

Or hire cars, it's easy to forget.

Alternatively, we're a nation of idiots. :p

For me one of the best episode in this season .
Great camera work .
The lexus review was informative
the punto review with Tom was perhaps the less interesting but nonetheless entertaining.
Thumbs up for Tiff part,it was just great .
Jon Bentley segment was interesting and he even managed to make me laugh when he made the handbrake turn :lol:

the Vauxhall diesel against the VXR was interesting also something bothers me.
I drove a Zafira sport which has almost the same dashboard and I was wondering why Vicky and the other guy pressed several times each the IDS button?You just need to press it once if you want to have a stiffer chassis.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming episode....because

TOM IN A CITROEN C6 PLAYING A GANGSTER WILL BE GREAT(he's paying tribute to the citroen traction which was the favourite gangster car in the 50s) 8) 8) 8) :thumbsup: :shock:

I don't see the point in having those small segments like the Bond one and the other one l8r on (cant remember what it was). And did anyone notice how they had copied Top Gear with burnong fuel in a circel around the car.

Well on the next episode - guys shooting at a car? :lol: Comon...

They obviously wont be live rounds though and they can't even use the laser jacket like on Top Gear because its not convertible. And how is that going to test the suspension, just seems stupid to me. 'Spose I'll wait and see how they do it.

Another week where FG beats TG in terms of content. :thumbsup:

Only downside was Henderson in the episode. I notice that that other driver and her have a lot in common. They've both had their racing careers funded by a family member, not actually got to race on talent alone....

Tiff was awesome.
Plato was good
Tom was good.
Bentley's part was good, too many idiots driving cars with no idea whats under the bonnet is the main reason.

DBS has some pictures on the net if you Google.

aston_martin_dbs1a.jpg

Link Here

My understanding is that this will replace the Vanquish. Which I have to say is a mistake, as now the entire AM range look too similar. Even Lambo dont make that mistake...

Good ep, but wasn't that wheel-shuffling Scottish policeman a big of a... well, a wheel shuffler?

Liked the race, in awe as always with Tiff's driving. Good car tests, Tom funny as usual (but not too impressed with the up-and-coming new Citroen test against gunmen (yawn, seen that before somewhere?!!!).

And the petrol-diesel mix-up I can understand people doing it, but why don't the car manufacturers and/or oil companies do something really simple, making the hole bigger or smaller obviously doesn't work, why not have "square" hose ends for the diesels and round ones for petrols, you could even buy an attachment for your petrol cap to make it square for diesels.. sounds simple to me, and then there would be no way you can get them mixed up!

Great episode. Very informative. Absolutely true to what Fifth Gear is all about. :thumbsup:

Lmao!

Just now watching Fifth Gear.

Hilarious. On Sunday my sister called saying she can't get the nozzle in to fill up the tank. Me and my friends were a bit confused and figured the flap in the gas tank filler was just stuffed up or something. Later on sunday night she comes home and tells me it was the Diesel nozzle.

And now this on Fifth gear!! :woot: :lol:

That was a decent ep of FG :)

It was great to see Tiff racing in that cool championship! I loved this - "Stupid Italian f@#k!" :lol:

Tom's review of the Fiat was allright. Some orgy they had there :p Fiat looks like a DB9 from the front aye...not a bad car but I still don't trust Fiat's <_<

The mis-fueling bit was typically Jon Bentley boring :sleep: They really need to get rid of him and bring back someone like Adrian for example.

Jason's review of the GS-H was average. I'm just not that interested in economical cars that make no noise. The review itself was okay.

I didn't much like the battle between Vicki and that guy. I dunno...I just didn't. 888 Engineering aye...can someone tell me how long Jason Plato has been associated with them?

And now the month long break begins :(
http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=11921

Dupje said:
That Fiat-diesel powered Vectra smoked like hell :eek:
such a manly car! omg, i'm falling in love diesels...what more can you want, than to accelerate along an onramp in that gorgeously hot white astra with shitloads of thick black smoke pouring from yer exhaust? :thumbsup:

anyway, that race report from tiff was amazing, looks like an entertaining race series. the sounds of those cars are incredible, when i hear those i can't understand anyone who likes formula one...

Whenever a car manufacturer makes a hybrid it is always a petrol engine with an electic motor. Why does not anyone make a diesel hybrid then the fuel consumption would do down much more.

You think that mistaking fuels is easy, imagine if you had 3 to choose from: alcohol, gasoline and diesel. We probably don?t mix up too much because only trucks and SUV?s can run on diesel, since it?s a subsidized fuel, and because self-service station were deeemed illegal. :bangin:

ryosuke said:
Dupje said:
such a manly car! omg, i'm falling in love diesels...what more can you want, than to accelerate along an onramp in that gorgeously hot white astra with shitloads of thick black smoke pouring from yer exhaust?

So many diesels in the US are turbocharged (mainly in big trucks) and it made me think that the Vectra diesel could take a small turbo - say making 30-40hp more at a minimum - that would have mad it fast enough to beat the gas powered top of the line model. Gas milage + gobs of power. Who cares about a little puff of black smoke....that only bothers the guy behind you unable to keep up. :evil:

I'd love to have that diesel Astra. I have always loved diesels.

SLR said:
Whenever a car manufacturer makes a hybrid it is always a petrol engine with an electic motor. Why does not anyone make a diesel hybrid then the fuel consumption would do down much more.

Merc did a concept of that...probably coming out in a few years.

Also, probably only petrol hybrids so far as the 'Merkins don't / won't buy diesels, and so it makes more sense [economically-speaking] to make a petrol one that can be sold worldwide.

ishigakisensei said:
ryosuke said:
Dupje said:
such a manly car! omg, i'm falling in love diesels...what more can you want, than to accelerate along an onramp in that gorgeously hot white astra with shitloads of thick black smoke pouring from yer exhaust?

So many diesels in the US are turbocharged (mainly in big trucks) and it made me think that the Vectra diesel could take a small turbo - say making 30-40hp more at a minimum - that would have mad it fast enough to beat the gas powered top of the line model. Gas milage + gobs of power. Who cares about a little puff of black smoke....that only bothers the guy behind you unable to keep up. :evil:
All the Vectra diesels have turbos, infact the only cars I know that don't in this country are some of the Volkswagens.