[13x05] February 18th, 2008

[13x05] February 18th, 2008

• Total voters
In the UK insurance is in groups, from 1 to 20, 1 been the lowest, I got a quote for a group 1 Corsa....?1100pa. The insurance companies know there charging more than they have to but they know they can make a tidy profit.

Anyway, End of rant! I give it a 8/10

1100...is that annually or every 6 months or what?

P.A.= Per annum which is the posh way of saying per year. Still for a 1 litre Corsa that is completely rediculous to be charged that much if it was a B.M.W. M5 then yeah but it's not is it? As I said, capitalism gone mad is these insurance companies.

Ok and the used new car bit...this pissed me off, I'm 18 and I'm about to pass my test, I live in a city therefore no insurance company would give me a sensible offer on insurance for any of thos cars, and for the GTI I doubt I could actually find a company that would give me a quote. In the UK insurance is in groups, from 1 to 20, 1 been the lowest, I got a quote for a group 1 Corsa....?1100pa. The insurance companies know there charging more than they have to but they know they can make a tidy profit.

Can beat that!

Quote for a group 1 Fiat Panda, aged 18...?1,600.

I could rant for weeks about the insurance companies here and how unfair they are on the majority of (male) young drivers, but I won't bother.

liked the episode. Like you guys said 135i vs Cayman was a really good idea. BTW in my opinion 135i rolled a lot in the corners, understeer than quick snap into oversteer.. if it was my money I'd pay a bit extra and get 335i instead =) I actually driven one and it is excelleeent :D

Celebrity! Travis Pastrana! Finally someone interesting, too bad they only did an interview with him in a cab.. it would be cool to see Travis race against Tiff or Jason around a rally track =)

Panda vs Twingo was ok.. but I wouldn't be interested in either. Twingo is ugly as hell IMO.
4x4s... hmm..I've never liked the x-trail so I agree with Tom.
Used cars were a good idea too! I'd never think Astras like that could be that cheap.

It was entertaining, but not great.

The shootout was ok, but nothing exciting.

The Travis bit was good, but too bad it was just a bio and interview. I was hoping he would at least ride around the cafe. He is a badass guy, so I still liked it.

The soft-roaders thing was a joke. "Ohh they can drive down a muddy road" real harsh test there guys.

The "Its New..." thing was ok, but I can't help thinking the Skoda was the obvious choice. The Peugeot was nice but it seems like it will fall apart at the seems like they all do.

The bike thing was neat. I'd like to hear more about the 3 wheel one, looked pretty sweet.

The used car bit was great. Johnny did a good job with that, with exception of the Astra. Really wanted to see something safe, cheap, and interesting.

The 135i V Cayman was cool, but had issues. Seemed like the drift test was rigged, the 135i totally drifted better. The lap was great except the camera was practically retarded. I was almost yelling "I can't see shit! Show me the cars driving!" Constant cutting back to the interior, all sorts of zooming shit, and way too much shaking! Use a tripod guys, its not hard! The only other problem is that the cars just aren't a straight comparison. The Cayman S is one you really want, and it is just not in the same class as the 135i at all. The Z4 M V Cayman S would have made more sense.

I still really am wanting a 135i, but I will probably still go with an STi. I love my Subies and AWD, and I know it won't break down any time soon. A 135i ti might change my mind, but it is in a little different price bracket. Need to wait for a hatch 135i either way, or I won't even seriously consider it. Got a few more years yet before I get anything so we'll see.

Really good episode - that biker is really, really cool; I hope he makes it in Rallying. I even found the mundane bits of interest! Yes, return to form for FG this series.

Travis Pastrana? :p The one Rally i've been too (northern Michigan "Sno* Drift") he hit a deer on the last stage of the day :?

Hes a little bit crazy, but i suppose its people like him that in some ways help me keep faith in my country.

?2400 for a first car!? I am glad along with Johny I am not the only one who thought to himself "That is ?2400 more than my parents spent" :D

Last edited: