Votes: 6 8.2%

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Erm.. no. More mediocrity from Fifth Gear, now with someone called Ben Collins (never heard of him) doing boring voiceovers of his runs and being a hypocrite. I guess money has no smell...

Now we know why he wasn't allowed to speak...

@freefall: if you don't like, don't watch it. And for sure it was not a "2". More like a 7-8.

FG is a proper auto show and not the poorly scripted, comic relief type of show TG has transformed itself into in the last seasons. Now with Stig gone, the last trace of objectivity from that show is gone.
Too bad Tom Ford left FG.

Both shows should watch Best Motoring and start taking notes.

Well... it would be a vast improvement for Fifth Gear if they wouldn't throw around superlatives every few seconds.

@freefall: if you don't like, don't watch it. And for sure it was not a "2". More like a 7-8.

FG is a proper auto show and not the poorly scripted, comic relief type of show TG has transformed itself into in the last seasons. Now with Stig gone, the last trace of objectivity from that show is gone.
Too bad Tom Ford left FG.

Both shows should watch Best Motoring and start taking notes.

Please, don't give me that "if you don't like it dont watch it". I understand where you're coming from, but that's just a pointless advice all round, I think I don't have to explain why.

I used to give Top Gear 1s and 2s when it was so poorly done (judging by my preferences and standards) that I couldn't enjoy it at all. That is a subjective mark, so I have every right to rate it that. Yes, that may be too harsh, but a) I've seen much, much better episodes of Fifth Gear and b) I'm still disgusted by the whole reshuffle malarkey. I'm probably so bitter because I've lost all respect for Ben, and I had so much of it. Putting those words he said on the script and in fact reading them out with a straight face... pretty low. So how have I enjoyed this episode? That's right.

a) I've seen much, much better episodes of Fifth Gear and b) I'm still disgusted by the whole reshuffle malarkey.
I'm probably so bitter because I've lost all respect for Ben, and I had so much of it. Putting those words he said on the script and in fact reading them out with a straight face... pretty low. So how have I enjoyed this episode? That's right.

Agree with both a) and b), but still, 2?! ;)

Why? Stig wanted what the others were having, or at least a little more than what he was getting. Show me someone who did not wanted a salary raise. I do not agree with neither of the parties but do not like the reaction of BBC or JC: the man wanted more money, just as Hamster and Captain Slow did a couple of series ago. Same scuffle back then but JC couldn't do the show alone so BBC/JC had to bow down.

Agree with both a) and b), but still, 2?! ;)

It's just a number, in a thread, on a forum, somewhere on the internet. And I'm not afraid to use the bottom end of the scale :p

Why? Stig wanted what the others were having, or at least a little more than what he was getting. Show me someone who did not wanted a salary raise. I do not agree with neither of the parties but do not like the reaction of BBC or JC: the man wanted more money, just as Hamster and Captain Slow did a couple of series ago. Same scuffle back then but JC couldn't do the show alone so BBC/JC had to bow down.

I don't agree with some things JC says or does, but that does not excuse what Ben did, which was, as far as I can work out from all the available information, betray everyone, then give an interview to Daily Mail claiming certain things, then quickly changing his mind and joining Fifth Gear, and finally sounding cocky about what he did. I mean, be a man. Don't like the pay? Negotiate. Doesn't work out? Find another job, like the rest of us do. It was a rather dirty move already to unmask the Stig (although I understand how some of the popularity was deservedly Ben's and not the fictional character's), but it's totally appalling to be backstabbing everyone once again, looking smug about it.

Judge not, that ye be not judged, though. :|

It's a pretty good ep by FG standards. Ben Collins didn't really bother me, but it seems like this show now has too many racer presenters, we'll see if they can work that out. But overall, not a abad start. 8/10.

Not bad. I thought Ben Collins on Fifth Gear would bother me, it didn't. Although the drag race segment reminded me of Hammond's Vampire car accident. Pretty good start to the series. I gave it a 7/10.

sorry but in my opinion if you have to give things away to get people to watch your tv show it can't be that good to begin with

and then hire a sellout to try to get higher ratings ????????

what were they thinking hahaha

Picking up Ben Collins seems like poor taste. If you can block out everything that happened about him I guess he isn't bad, but I can't.

I did like the last segment though with the phantom animals

Yet again, everything is too short, too obnoxious and the damn competiton plug hasn't disappeared. I'm just gonna go with a flat rate for the whole series. A 5.

Downloaded to see how Ben Collins would do, and i must say i was surprised; i expected him to be a bit 'meh' but he was pretty good for a 'new guy', And although i must say i don't car about dragracing i think he can make pretty good addition to the FG team. Shame Tom Ford was dropped though, he should be hired by TopGear.

But he's still an arse for screwing TopGear over like that.

It was worth watching, but Fifth Gear has done a lot, lot better. Ben Collins's segment especially was rather meh. A ratings grab, pure and simple. Although I hope it works so we get more Fifth Gear episodes...

Average, Ben needs to shut up already. Did like the Skoda bit tho.

I'm sorry about some of the things I said above. I shouldn't have.

I hated how they made out that the dragster was somehow the peak of drag racing...
I take it Top Fuelers and Nitro Funny Cars are not raced in the UK?
Cheers.