[18x03] February 12th, 2012

[18x03] February 12th, 2012

• Total voters
No not that bad - a low 8, there was some bits that were laugh out loud funny. Stunt drivers lasted too long too, other than that OK. News surprised me it was quite entertaining.

Usually not a fan of too much cocking about, but this was hilarious, one for overly realistic, the other for overly unrealistic, caught in between the director. Also interesting to see the making of such a scene process. 8/10.

The only upside was James May and the guest. I agree with May, smaller engined flawed cars are more fun in daily driving conditions because you can hoon them without fearing to lose your license.

The news were okish because of the pissing each other off, the whole chase thing was way too long, predictable and boring. Only the wrong caravan exploding made me laugh.....come on TG, you can do better...and what is it with the hosts splitting up now? TG lives from the three blokes together, if I want to see them do stuff alone I watch their own shows :(

BTW: There already is a SUV cabriolet, Nissan Murano...

Last edited by a moderator:
I never asked for this
la_auto_show_audi_cross_cabriolet_quattro_live_image001.jpg

Hmmm...too many more like that, and I'm going to turn into Ahpadt.

Like this....:(

I concur with everything everyone else has said about Hammond. That could have been a good segment. Clarkson was genuinely interested in choreographing the chase and doing the filming (even if their bits were actually on video, which is why they stood out like a sore thumb in the finished edit), but Dickie dicking about dragged it into the pits. Yes I know he was only doing what his script told him to do, but he's crap at it. Stop it, Hammond.

And that was a challenge. They should all three be involved in challenges. Reviews, retrospectives and odd bits and bobs are OK with just two presenters, but not for a challenge that takes up the majority of the show. As May would say, this has got to stop.

I never thought Hammond would be more annoying than the Chirpmeister he was in Season 1. But his stupidity has finally reached the point where he's now become a debit to the show. I think it was Shelly who said that one of the only ways she'd stop watching was if one of the Three left. At this point, if Hammond left, the show would probably improve drastically regardless of who they replaced him with. Personally, I blame Total Wipeout for this. That show kills brain cells by mere contact. Imagine its effect on someone actually hosting it.

Great Power Test, great News, a shockingly great SIARPC, all ruined by Stupid Richard.

Lets hope they put all the unfunny nonsense for this series into this single episode and forget it ever happened.

I sure do hope so. Richard('s role) was just plain annoying with his OTT crap. Condensed "being stupid" for the sake of being stupid. James' segment, news and guest were all fine, but "let's film a car chase" didn't work at all. I did like Jeremy's approach until he went for hardcore realism though, and the final result looks good (but most of the time was wasted getting shots that didn't go in there).

Last edited:
Sorry for asking guys, but could you direct me to that video which more of you mentioned, the one about Clarkson and Willman talking about this episode?

This episode wasnt for everyone , i honestly didnt like how the chase segment went , most of it was idiotic , but it had some moments of its own like clarkson doing borat. but i gave it a 7 cuz the SIARPC , news and James segment were good enough .

I really liked it, for the most part! The arguments with the director were kind of stupid, and the whole exploding caravan thing was ridiculous, but they (mostly Jeremy) shot some great stuff and the edited chase they showed at the end of the program looked really good. I'll give it an eight, because the news was very entertaining.

EDIT: A new Dacia! GREAT NEWS!!!

Last edited:
Sorry for asking guys, but could you direct me to that video which more of you mentioned, the one about Clarkson and Willman talking about this episode?

I hadnt seen it either, so after watching the ep i went for a search.

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.c...ore-from-jeremy-and-andy-wilman-on-series-18/

Yes this ep wasnt as good as the last two, but as Wilman and Jezza acknowledge, most on here weren't the target audience.

With that in mind, was still good entertainment. I'd say 6.51, which in TG maths is a 7 :)

Last edited:
News segment was cool so was SIAC, the Corsa/Panda review was... bland. May is getting old and isnt interested in doing powertests, just give him some interesting cars to test when he's solo, think Orochi, or that Evoque Las Vegas gig, not an evolution of a hot hatch. I know that was sort of the point, but it backfired, May didnt go out of his comfort zone, it almost felt like a passive-agressivly he's doing that to prove a point? The most interesting thing were the smoke bomb visuals.

the main feature was better then the usual cocking about, the contrast between Clarkson and Hammond was nicely done. yes Clarkson went into the pedanting details about realism, but that was to prove the point, as was hammond, chaneling his bad cheap action director. too bad they didnt give him CG and a Green Screen, I would love him to go Lucas/Bay persona.
as for the final cut, the driving was great, so was the camera, but most of the shots were to fast and the old cop actor acting while driving was cold as fish.

So in the end I liked it, and I am a 15 year old dude from Idaho that likes Lambo's and steals it from teh internetz.

edit: also they had to do something with that cee'd, its not understeering like crazy as it was in the first two seasons. better tyres? I dunno, is there a thread about this?

Last edited:
Very disappointed. Loved #1 and thought #2 was solid, but I found the Sweeney bits to be mostly rubbish, especially the second half. Not an episode I will be re-watching soon.

James may's review was actually quite dull. Stig with the fat people was hilarious though.
News was fucking hilarious :lmao:
The first bit of the car chase scene was a little bit on the meh side.
Ryan Reynolds was awesome.
The second half of the car chase stuff was... meh, except for the TG editors' final cut, which was amazing!!!!!!

So let's say 5/10 for James's review. 9/10 for the news. 6/10 for the first car chase part. 9-10/10 for the SIARPC, and 6/10 for the second part of the car chase stuff. That gives an average of 7.0, so 7/10.