2010 Qantas Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix

There's an angry mob with pitchforks out there on the Internet which wants Webber to be banned from the next race/next few races. :lol:

Have they never heard of racing incidents? It wasn't half as bad as what Webber usually gets up to.
Lotus have done fantastic. Only 2 laps down is an amazing achievement, especially as the HRT finished 5 laps down.

Someone really is obsessed with Lewis here. ;p

j/k

Hehe, I just can't stand it that people refuse to acknowledge good drives because of who it is. When I say Alonso was stunning in Bahrain because he was, I expect the same back when Lewis delivers.

Great race. Absolutely brilliant.

Just a question - I was watching a replay of Kobayashi's accident and it kinda looked like the two pillars of the front wing gave way (kinda like in FP1), went under his car, threw him off into the wall, and then straight into Hulkenberg. I have yet to be able to catch another replay of the accident so I don't know if my eyes were just playing tricks on me.

I must say Hamilton was way quicker than the others. But then, just before the crash when he stuck behind Alonso he was weirdly slow.

I`m happy with Kubica` s result.

Don't be silly mate. You need to be 3 seconds faster to overtake they said, which is ridiculous. Hamilton was by far the quickest man out there today, and drove exceptionally the whole race making no mistakes whatsoever. Fernando also got all angry telling them to stop telling him how close Lewis was, that doesn't mean his drive was crap. Remember also that if you critisise Lewis for nt passing Alonso in 8 laps, you've got to smash Alonso for not passing Massa all race. Give respect where respect is due. ;)

Are you really arguing with my opinion? :rolleyes:

If Hamilton was so good, why didn't he get past Fernando? Fernando got angry over the radio? Fernando said "Don't tell me!" almost as if he knew the job he had to do, and did not need the engineer to tell him anymore. He was not angry at the engineer.

Also, Alonso did not have any tire advantage over Massa to really attempt to pass him where as, Hamilton was easily 2 seconds faster than Alonso.

As for keeping his head, it's true he should have. But to be honest, he can't blame him, they robbed him of the win.
"Robbed him of the win"? :lol: Are you really saying had Hamilton was not hit by Webber, he'd have won the race? :lmao:

Hehe, I just can't stand it that people refuse to acknowledge good drives because of who it is. When I say Alonso was stunning in Bahrain because he was, I expect the same back when Lewis delivers.

Just because you love Hamilton so much that you are blinded by his mistakes does not mean others feel the same way.

Last edited:
mclaren strategy :cry:

Gave Button his win.

And come on... don't be so fanatic about Ferrari/McLaren. I think both Alonso and Hamilton did a great job there and they've proved they are probably the best drivers at the moment. I'm Ferrari fan but I can admit that Lewis is fast, it isn't that hard you know...

Kobayashi's FW definitely failed, and it was quite a hefty impact on Hulkenberg. Thankfully they're both a-ok.

Indeed. The first time I saw it I was momentarily worried, particularly for Hulkenberg, taking it in the side like that. Thank goodness those tubs are so strong.

Congrats to Button today. It truly was drive of the day. If Hamilton knew how to look after tyres, he would win a hell of a lot more races. The guy is just impatient.

Gave Button his win.

And come on... don't be so fanatic about Ferrari/McLaren. I think both Alonso and Hamilton did a great job there and they've proved they are probably the best drivers at the moment. I'm Ferrari fan but I can admit that Lewis is fast, it isn't that hard you know...

Respect. :cool: +Rep

Hehe, I just can't stand it that people refuse to acknowledge good drives because of who it is.

You think I don`t like him because he is afro ? I don`t care.

I don`t like him because he had Nicole and I had not. And I am the same age he is.

To be honest, I thought both Webber and Hamilton were at times unnecessarily ragged. They need to cool down, look at it from the outside and re-focus on the task. Also, that crash at the end could have been due to HAM's diffuser airstream stalling WEB's FW and removing braking ability due to that.

I thought Button's tire gamble was premature, but top marks to him, he made it stick and he pushed those tires to the end. Well done to Kubica, very measured and composed drive to 2nd, and a good job in holding Hamilton up there. Great charge by Alonso back to 4th after that early spin, good result by Liuzzi flying the flag for FI again.

Schuey must be thinking "why am I really doing this?"

i just came back from the race and apart from being sunburnt from a 29 degree cloudy and wet day, i saw one of the best races at melbourne from previous years

i was the only one in the crowd who was happy that webber went off 2 or 3 times :)

kubica, alonso and lewis where great

TBF, he had the pace in the car and if he doesn't get hit, he would've been fighting for the win.

On Kobayashi: I think that's what happened (front wing going under the wheels). I would've liked a few more replays to be sure. That Sauber might as well have been made of plywood. :rolleyes:

around 1:20, this is the only vid I know of for now...

To be honest, I thought both Webber and Hamilton were at times unnecessarily ragged. They need to cool down, look at it from the outside and re-focus on the task. Also, that crash at the end could have been due to HAM's diffuser airstream stalling WEB's FW and removing braking ability due to that.

I thought Button's tire gamble was premature, but top marks to him, he made it stick and he pushed those tires to the end. Well done to Kubica, very measured and composed drive to 2nd, and a good job in holding Hamilton up there. Great charge by Alonso back to 4th after that early spin, good result by Liuzzi flying the flag for FI again.

I'm still pissed so I'm having a hard time sleeping.

Just wanted to point out that the stall works in the immediate area of the RWEP and doesn't have an amplifying effect on the dirty wake left behind the car. Webber just caught himself out, and that was that. Alonso went in hot, Lewis braked at the optimal point, and Webber baked it. Sure it's his fault, but it didn't have that much of an adverse affect on Lewis, so I don't care about it too much. He maybe might want to think twice next time he makes comments about "Kids in F1 cars these days", though.

Also, as per the person who said McLaren strategy won Button the race. I'd say that is a negative because everyone in the team has been applauding Button for taking the risk and making the call himself.

A good call as it turned out, and much respect goes out to him for it. He couldn't have asked for any better.

Lewis has a right to be pissed at the team for that call. His surprise was evident when he realised that The guys in front of him were not pitting, and his frustration was justified. All drivers complain to their teams when things don't go their way (in the same way that they thank them, when things do). Who are we to question what they should or shouldn't do at the heat of the moment?

Poor effort at trolling, that.

So glad I got up early for this one, excellent racing by all. Di Grassi sticking it to Schumacher, the Hamilton-Webber battle that unfortunately ended rather sourly with that incident, which I personally think wasn't Webber's fault.
Then you've got Lewis' buckaneering overtaking- how good was that?! Jenson was supreme though, great choice on the tyres, great work keeping them most of the race. Well done to Kubica, excellent race as well and the two Ferraris played their parts as well. Nice consistency from them over the first two races.
Good stuff from the lower teams too, Chandhok finishing and Heikki too.
My faith in F1 overtaking is restored (mostly because it was wet but hey). Oh and I got my race winner prediction right, good times indeed

They analyzed the Webber Hamilton incident on the F1 Forum on the BBC and it was pretty clear Webber just braked too late. Sure, the airflow didn't help, but it was a bit like Kimi in 08 on Kovalainen, no way he was gonna slow that down in time.

My faith in F1 overtaking is restored (mostly because it was wet but hey).

Don't be misled. Overtaking was still ridiculously difficult. See Alonso vs Massa, Hamilton vs Alonso and Hamilton vs Kubica. Martin Whitmarsh said you need to be 3 seconds faster to overtake, which is crazy (last year it was 1.5-2.0 I think)....

Last edited: