Acura unviels the 2013 NSX today

The V10 in the Carrera GT weighed just 450lbs. Probably less than most V6 DOHC engines. I'm sure the HSV's V10 was similar in construction.

The V10 in the Carrera GT weighed just 450lbs. Probably less than most V6 DOHC engines. I'm sure the HSV's V10 was similar in construction.

Too many cylinders for a motorcycle company. :p

This man disagrees:
senna_mcl_470313.jpg

Also relevant:

Honda_RA273E_back_Honda_Collection_Hall.jpg

Looks like an R8 with some Peugeot RCZ thrown in. I like it. Alot.

I thing they've done the right thing by retaining the V6. It gives it a direct link to the old one and makes it somewhat unique among current supercars (The old NSX V6 sounded utterly orgasmic BTW). Combine it with the 'leccy motors and any power disadvantages will be clawed back.
Well done Honda.

Does anyone remeber this old NSX concept? I Think it looks far, far better..

2003_honda_hsc_concept_01_1-1213.jpg

Other than that parrot mouth/grill which almost ruins it, I think it's beautiful.

I like the rear! It's very Miami Vice speedboat.

This man disagrees:
senna_mcl_470313.jpg

=Truth. And if it's not been tinkered with by a bloke named Ayrton, it's not an NSX.

Also..
1) Honda is in such a huge financial shit-hole right now, I seriously don't think they have the resource to put this car into production. So i think it's yet another bluff / customer survey / testing the water... Built in the USA?? Are you kiddin' me?

2) There's things that aren't meant to be changed, especially in Japan with their uptight corporate culture. Nissan GTR = Front mounted 4WD / Toyota Supra->LFA = Front mounted RWD / Honda NSX = Midship RWD

3) Ron Dennis called: "What about our V6 Turbo engine deal in 2014?" Why are they messing about with a hybrid is quite beyond me. This partnership ticks all the right boxes for both party. If Honda isn't using this "NSX" to tie-in with F1, they're massively thickheaded. Unless they cook something up with a type-R version...<_<

4) It's an R8 copy, as mentioned by the guys above. NSX was cool because they did not go out and copy Lambo or Ferraris back in the day when it was origially concieved. This looks like an R8, drives like R8 (with a boost button hybrid?) I am disappoint.

Bottom line is, if it's not MR RWD, lightwight with NA V6 VTEC (insert your favourite VTEC joke here for your own viewing pleasure), it's not NSX. Let's call it something else, then I'm fine with that, because NSX has a place in Japanese automotive history.

Exactly. I'm totally ok with this car being produced. Honda badly needs something exciting. But it's an affront to the NSX nameplate, IMO. And with something like just 2 years of development planned, I can't seeing this being a worthy successor.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I would love to see a more true RWD mid-engine NSX with a manual trans and a VTEC V6. The biggest problem is the Nissan GTR. If Honda builds this and it's more expensive than the GTR and gets it's ass kicked, I just can't see it selling. The first NSX failed for that very reason, it was expensive and not much better than it's competitors. So in order for this to compete well this time, I almost think they have to go with an AWD dual-clutch setup. As for the engine being a hybrid V6, I guess it could work fine if the fronts are powered by the electric motors and could be shut off manually for RWD fun. Either way, I think it's great to see something interesting from Honda.

Honda should have just went ahead with the HSV-10. Brought it back from the dead. It would most likely go more up against the LF-A (rather than the GT-R) but it would be definitely a halo car.

Unlike the old NSX (too plain), I actually like the look of this one. Stands out.

I saw an old NSX today. The sound of that engine sends tingles down my spine. It's definitely a special car. Would this live up to it? Not sure.

I know that the NSX has the ability to inspire a lot of passion. I just don't think that Honda cares about that, because the petrolhead community has just cried wolf too often in regard to "affront to the badge". The Cayenne was an affront to Porsche. The FF was an affront to Ferrari. The Dodge Dart is either an affront to the original (no slant six!) or an affront to Alfa Romeo (why not bring the badge back to the US?!). There were even complaints about the GT-R not being badged a Skyline back in the day. Then, the car comes out, it turns out to be good, and all is forgiven.

We need to see final production metal and get behind the wheel and try it before we make these accusations. If it sucks, then by all means let's go after Honda on "affront to the badge" bases.

Does anyone remember the DN-X? I know it's a four door, but Acura was experimenting with AWD mid-engined V6 hybrids back in 2002....

acura_dnx_nyc_027.jpg