And you thought the Viper was dead. Long live the Dodge Viper!!

It's just so...tacky? Over the top? I can't even describe it..

it's got 8 fucking liters of displacement

"we made a car, but it sucks"
"add a liter"
"nope still stucks"
"keep adding!"
"ah yes, by now nobody can keep up anymore"

anyone can make a car go fast by adding displacement

it's got 8 fucking liters of displacement

"we made a car, but it sucks"
"add a liter"
"nope still stucks"
"keep adding!"
"ah yes, by now nobody can keep up anymore"

anyone can make a car go fast by adding displacement

Yesyes.....nothing like an astmatic little dieselengine, preferrably in something that's to small to hold actual human beings, much more sofisticated and all, we get it.....
You apparantly don't, cause the Viper was DESIGNED to be barnyard simple and bonkers, and indeed the simplest way to make something like that go faster, whithout complicating it ,is to slab in more CU.

BTW, You do realise that engine existed a decade before the Viper did right?

Last edited:
You could think of the Viper as a Miata on steroids.. and lots of em. Simple, brutual, not a good car, but you don't date strippers cause they are good people.

the Viper was DESIGNED to be barnyard simple and bonkers, and indeed the simplest way to make something like that go faster, whithout complicating it ,is to slab in more CU.

Exactly. The Viper is a modern day AC Cobra. It is designed to go fast and handle. If you want a luxury interior and two billion bells and whistles spend twice as much on something else.

New logo looks waaaay to similar to the Flying Lizard Racing insignia:

Flying_Lizard_Porsche_-45_(2359261579).jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/10/04/generation-v-viper-logo2.jpg

I really don't like that new logo at all. Looks like something from a cheap sports clothing brand.

As long as they only keep the shield part it isent that bad, chromed and "in 3D" I think it could work like the old one......but please no 'II' behind it on the actual car!

I think the "//" is what Dodge is using for their logo these days, well, its been in all their ads lately at least.

I don't see why they even needed a new Viper logo in the first place. In the 45 or so years the Mustang has been in production, they've only ever made very small changes to the logo.

Every time someone bumps this thread back to the top I get excited thinking some spy pics came out.

But no, just a silly logo.

viperGTS5.jpg

Sneaky Pete was the best looking Viper logo.
I'm not biased or anything. :)

I am a diehard GM fan, so by nature I love Corvettes. I would kill for a C6Z06. But, seeing as I am by no means blindly brand loyal, I would probably take a Viper over a C6Z, just because it's so bonkers and different. Now, a ZR1 I would take everyday of the week over either of those 2. But Z06 vs Viper, that's a tough one.Too bad I'm a broke ass college student who can only afford a Camaro lol.

I cannot wait to see pictures and everything else about this new Viper. I doubt it will disappoint.

I cannot wait to see pictures and everything else about this new Viper. I doubt it will disappoint.

I can't wait either, but I'm not going to get to worked up about it yet, because if it has any unnessiary gagetry and isn't quintisencially american, I will be atleast slightly dissapointed.

I love the Viper, but I do think it will eventually hit a wall (figuratively) where it's lack of electronic nannies will limit it. It's kinda like saying old WWII fighters are more awesome than the latest greatest fighter jets of the 21st century, since they were more pure and didn't rely on electronic guidance systems. Which is probably true, but you would get killed in about 3 seconds in a dogfight. The 600HP Viper is really pushing it on what your above-average driver can handle. I remember hearing a statistic that 30% of all Vipers have been wrecked. If they keep pushing up the performance and power, without adding any electronic nannies, that statistic will get even larger, while other supercars leave the Viper in their dust. I would rather not see that happen.

We can be pretty sure that it will have electronic nannies, which is something we can thank the government nannies for.

I think the best we can hope for in the "pure" department with the new Viper is that you'll be able to turn it's electronic nannies off. all the way off.

We can be pretty sure that it will have electronic nannies, which is something we can thank the government nannies for.

I think the best we can hope for in the "pure" department with the new Viper is that you'll be able to turn it's electronic nannies off. all the way off.

One big leaver, in the middle of the dash, every notch you push it forward gives you a different setting for the nannies while changing the background colour of the little readout next to it gradualy from green to red with a text showing up on it :

1 : "normal"
2 : "sport"
3 : "track"
4 : "are you fucking insane???!!!"

Last edited:
One big leaver, in the middle of the dash, every notch you push it forward gives you a different setting for the nannies while changing the background colour of the little readout next to it gradualy from green to red with a text showing up on it :

1 : "normal"
2 : "sport"
3 : "track"
4 : "are you fucking insane???!!!"

Nah there will be two settings: "pussy" and "normal". Being fucking insane is assumed for the latter.

They showed a full size model of the new Viper for a few Viper club members.
They say it'll look like a blend of a GTS, 599 and Aston.
It had clamshell hood, lots of led running lights, only two vents on the hood, the hood had much deeper contours than the current hood, roof was 'pulled down' into the rear window area (just in the middle - between the 'bubbles'), the tail lights were not hooded, functional carbon fiber scoops behind each side window that funnels air to the diff cooler and vents out the back under the tail lights to evacuate the diff cooler heat, thick carbon fiber diffuser in the rear.
The front looked a bit busy but the also say it was mean and scary looking. It looked like an Angry Snake coming at you with those Audi or 458 Italia type of headlights. The tail lights looked like Aston.
The lines were more feminine than the current coupe has.

Nah there will be two settings: "pussy" and "normal". Being fucking insane is assumed for the latter.
+ 1

Oh come ON! I bet any amount of money that not a single one of you would turn the aids all the way off and push it.

It's very easy to act brave and brash on the internet, sitting in anything with more than 500bhp and little or no aids is a whole new cup of tea.