Audio issue with [10x01] via XMBC

Markus

Hello All,
I had totally missed the fact that TG was back, and as soon as I found out I popped over here :)

One issue arose though. I wanted to watch the show via my xbox, which is running XMBC (one of the T3CH builds, think I'm 2 behind the bleeding edge release). The video is fine, it's the audio I'm having a problem with. There is a very tinny kind of "dink dink dink" type sound from the audio, it's especially noticable during the montage of things to come.

I've had a quick look at the audio settings and can't figure out if there is anything I could/should tweak to help here, or if I'm just SOL. I can play the file via VLC (on Mac OS X) with no distortion in sound, so I'm guessing it might be an audio code issue.

Any suggestions/advice appreciated.

I also watched this ep with XBMC but did not notice any audio problems. I watched the preview section again just to be sure and, as far as my ears can detect, it sounded fine. I would check not only the audio settings in XBMC, but the settings on your TV and stereo. Our TV has different audio presets, all but one are rubbish, and you can definatly tell when someones been mucking with them. I have the June 25 XBMC Build with all defaults settings.

I used my XBMC (with a build more than 6 months old) and it works fine.

Thank you for the replies. I'll go and have a look at the settings on the AV Receiver and make sure it's not doing anything odd.

hello,
I have tried playing it in WMP, nero and burned a DVD and have really bad audio delay.
I can not image downloading it again would make any sense.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Randy

Hello Threadjacker.
Try ffdshow, and make sure you PC is not a P2-400

try VLC www.videolan.org and make sure your computer meets the hardware requirements for decoding video. anything purchased/built in the last 4 years should be plenty.
Works for me on a 8 year old+ computer ;)

To the person with the Audio problems, maybe your build of XMBC had a bug that wasn't there in older versions and was solved in newer ones? Try and update the system.