Aussie FG meetup! (melbourne)

I could be up for another cruise, depends if it conflicts with my racing schedule.

Ooh, this could be my first finalgear meet.

I only drive an Echo, but anyway.....

If the driving behaviour displayed in the pictures from the last cruise is prevalent in this cruise, I won't be attending.

If the driving behaviour displayed in the pictures from the last cruise is prevalent in this cruise, I won't be attending.

What happened? The first cruise (and the only one I've been on) everyone behaved themselves.

I'd be careful going up the spurs as there is still a lot of shit on the roads I beleive.

Likewise - that's the exact reason I wasn't interested in going on the last cruise. The problem is the cruise gets hijacked by people bringing mates, and mates of mates, or news gets around about it - it ends up being far, far from an FG meet.

Last edited:
Likewise - that's the exact reason I wasn't interested in going on the last cruise. The problem is the cruise gets hijacked by people bringing mates, and mates of mates, or news gets around about it - it ends up being far, far from an FG meet.

we need a meetup for A+++ Melbourne members :p

What happened? The first cruise (and the only one I've been on) everyone behaved themselves.

11's on a public road. Number plates weren't even blurred if I recall. Sheer stupidity.

And what fbc said. Too many people completely unrelated to fg.com.

Admittedly there was maybe one white BA Ford too many, other than that one instance though, it was quite a sedate drive. I think it was their was of saying 'goodbye' at the time, which in the end, wasn't exactly the time or place for it.

I've done 2 cruises and a 'photoshoot' with FG'ers and both times I've had friends tag along, just like those times they've not mucked around and I can vouch for them not doing stupid stuff. Alternatively they don't tag along but I like to think the social aspects of a cruise depend on variety.

Also, there has been the idea that we skip the next 'cruise' and meet for karting so that if people feel like opening throttle, they can. But there's a lot of factors to this inc cost.

I think we should do something like Andy and H_H have been saying, black spur and surrounding areas. This way we could stop for photos, take in the huge amount of devistation from the bush fires and support the local community by going to a pub or somewhere for lunch. The original meet 'n' greet.

I think we should do something like Andy and H_H have been saying, black spur and surrounding areas. This way we could stop for photos, take in the huge amount of devistation from the bush fires and support the local community by going to a pub or somewhere for lunch. The original meet 'n' greet.

I'd be up for that, on the proviso that we kept the time/date to an area where other local car forums couldn't be aware of the details...

I'd be up for that, on the proviso that we kept the time/date to an area where other local car forums couldn't be aware of the details...

I agree... but so far, we haven't had problems with random people attending so far. Most people on the cruise have visited Finalgear and besides the odd 11's on the last one, all the cruises have been very sensible (compared to ones organized by other Car Clubs that I've attended).

I agree... but so far, we haven't had problems with random people attending so far. Most people on the cruise have visited Finalgear and besides the odd 11's on the last one, all the cruises have been very sensible (compared to ones organized by other Car Clubs that I've attended).

I'm just basing my comment on the example of the related links that appears at the bottom of my page, linking to the ozmazdaclub forums. And then the fact that people who sign up and have 1 post rock up...

Agreed on the "one BA falcon too many" comment, that was just silly ripping a skid on double white lines.

Anyway, almost itching for another meet, although weather getting towards the precarious side of the year here.

With that in mind a run on roads like reefton etc might not be a great idea. I'm up for karting provided it's not prohibitively expensive; keeping in mind that for the last reefton cruise I think I used about 60L of 98 octane fuel so doing an actual cruise isn't cheap (plus the 600 odd kay round-trip to get to melbourne just to participate!)

My friend organized an event at Ace Karts a couple of months back. It was $65 for each member for a group of 12. 15mins practice + 15mins race.

That's not too bad a price. The one down here is a tiny track and the karts are realllly slow, and it's something akin to $40 a person.... $65 for a bigger track and slightly fast karts would be good IMO

The one at Phillip Island is awesome but they have such crappy karts :(

That's not too bad a price. The one down here is a tiny track and the karts are realllly slow, and it's something akin to $40 a person.... $65 for a bigger track and slightly fast karts would be good IMO

9hp carts... they are far from slow :p

I was thinking maybe this time Viper shouldn't post the meet up in the news section? We will pm people individually.... for karts we need about 12 guys. If everyone active over the past few days comes along, then we'd have about 5-6 so far.

http://www.acekarts.com.au/

another one that flying_fridge has suggested in the past was
http://www.lemansgokarts.com.au/
prices are about the same, $62 for the cheapest one and $75 for the next one up.

Both seem just as fun, one's in Sunshine and the other in Dandenong

Yeah, I've been to Le Mans go kart track before. Its a pretty cool place to race.

I wouldn't mind attending a meet if I can make it :)